Aafia siddique forced to walk naked over quran!

Tuesday, 30 March 2010
JFAC Horrified by New Abuse Revelations, Aafia Siddiqui Forced to Walk Naked Over the Qur’an

As hundreds of concerned citizens hold a Day of Remembrance in Pakistan to commemorate the seventh anniversary of her disappearance, the Justice for Aafia Coalition reveal for the first time, in the English language, specific harrowing details of the abuse Aafia Siddiqui was forced to endure in the years spent in secret detention.

During the course of an interview by Kamran Shahid on Pakistan’s Front Line, screened 26th March, Siddiqui’s mother and sister described publicly for the first time the various forms of torture she underwent at the hands of US agents. This included being:

forcefully stripped by six men and then repeatedly sexually abused
beaten with rifle butts until she bled
bound to a bed, with her hands and feet tied whilst unspecified forms of torture were administered to the soles of her feet and head
injected with unknown substances
dragged by her hair
having her hairs pulled out one by one
forced to walk on the Qu’ran which had been desecrated in her cell whilst naked
Maryam Hassan, founder of the Justice for Aafia Coalition (JFAC), commented:

“These most recent horrific revelations shine a light for the first time on years of detention shrouded until now in darkness and mystery. Forced nudity, violent sexual abuse, the desecration of the Qu’ran, video-taped torture sessions have become infamous hallmarks of US detention since the start of the War on Terror, from Bagram to Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo.

The Obama administration must immediately disclose any video evidence in its possession relating to Ms Siddiqui’s detention and torture. The American public has a right to know what is being carried out in its name as much as the Pakistani public are deserving of knowing the horrendous abuse one of their citizens has been subjected to. “

For the full interview, transcribed and translated into English by the Justice for Aafia Coalition, please visit:
http://justiceforaafia.org/index.php/ar ... is-family-

Tuesday, 30 Mars 2010
JFAC Horrifié par les révélations nouvel abus, Aafia Siddiqui forcés de marcher nu sur le Coran, Äôan

Comme des centaines de citoyens concernés organiser une journée du souvenir au Pakistan pour commémorer le septième anniversaire de sa disparition, la justice pour Aafia Coalition révèlent pour la première fois, en langue anglaise, les détails spécifiques de l'abus hersage Aafia Siddiqui a été forcé à endurer dans les années passées en détention secrète.

Au cours d'une interview par Kamran Shahid sur le Pakistan, l'AM Front Line, projeté Mars 26, Siddiqui, mère et sœur AA décrit publiquement pour la première fois les différentes formes de torture qu'elle a subie aux mains des agents américains. Cela comprenait être:

force dépouillé par six hommes, puis à plusieurs reprises abusé sexuellement
battus à coups de crosse jusqu'à ce qu'elle saigne
attachée à un lit, les mains et les pieds liés, tout en formes non précisées de la torture ont été administrés à la plante de ses pieds et la tête
injecté des substances inconnue
traîné par les cheveux
avoir ses cheveux tirés un par un
contraints de marcher sur le Qu, Äôran qui avaient été profanées dans sa cellule tout nu
Maryam Hassan, fondateur de la Coalition Justice pour Aafia (JFAC), a déclaré:

, Les plus récentes révélations ÄúThese horribles briller une lumière pour la première fois sur les années de détention enveloppé jusqu'à présent dans l'obscurité et de mystère. la nudité forcée, la violence la violence sexuelle, la profanation du Qu, Äôran, enregistré en vidéo des séances de torture sont devenus des maîtres mots infâmes de détention des États-Unis depuis le début de la guerre contre le terrorisme, de Bagram à Abu Ghraib et à Guantanamo.

L'administration Obama doit immédiatement divulguer aucune preuve vidéo en sa possession relatifs à Mme Siddiqui, la détention et la torture AA. Le public américain a le droit de savoir ce qui est effectué en son nom autant que le public pakistanais méritent de connaître les terribles abus de leurs citoyens a été soumis. , De l'UA

Pour l'interview complète, transcrit et traduit en anglais par la justice pour Aafia Coalition, s'il vous plaît visitez:
http://justiceforaafia.org/index.php/ar ... est-famille

asslam alaikum- she was a quran hafiz( knew it by heart) taught it and she was in us where she had her degree-she campaigned against americans agenda and when she went pakistan to visit her family- pakistani goverment captured her and handed their sister over to be raped and molested by kuffar- let me find a video pour vous

Saturday, 10 April 2010

JFAC have confirmed with Dr Aafia's family today's report that Pakistan's Interior Minister Rehman Malik revealed the DNA test proved that the child found outside the residence of Dr Fowzia Siddiqui is the daughter of Dr Aafia. Her DNA apparently matched that of Ahmed Siddiqui, Aafia's eldest son.

Dr Fowzia, Aafia's sister, said that they will be carrying out their own independent investigation to confirm the girl's identity.

Pictures of the girl and Dr Fowzia can be viewed on our website

Govt Formally Declares Teenage Girl as Aafia's Daughter

The Government has formally declared 12 years old Maryam as daughter of Dr. Aafia Siddiqui after proved by DNA Test and the girl handed over to the family of Dr. Aafia Siddiqui.

Dr. Fauzia Siddiqui, sister of Dr Aafia Siddiqui visited the Interior Ministry with 12 years old Maryam on Saturday and held a meeting with Interior Minister Rehman Malik.

Talking to media after holding the meeting, the Interior Minister said that Prime Minister Syed Yusuf Raza Gilani wanted to make the announcement himself but he asked him to announce this.

Rehman Malik said that the DNA Report has proved that 12 years old Maryam is daughter of Dr. Aafia Siddiqui, adding the girl only speak English.

Responding to a question, the Interior Minister said that the government is taking all possible measures for the return of Dr. Aafia, saying the Prime Minister during his stay in the United States would strongly raise the issue of release of Dr. Aafia with the leadership of the United States.

The Minister on the occasion congratulated the entire nation and the family of Dr. Aafia.

Dr. Fauzia Siddiqui while talking to media said that the DNA test has proved that the girl is daughter of Dr. Aafia and praised the efforts of the government regarding repatriation of Dr. Aafia and her children and specially mentioned efforts of the Interior Minister.

On current visit of the Prime Minister to the United States, Dr. Fauzia expressed her hope that he (Gilani) would raise the issue regarding release of Dr. Aafia with US Leadership.

Terming the visit of Afghan President, Hamid Karzai, a key factor in making the efforts of the government and the Interior Minister productive, she said that the rehabilitation of Maryam would be started soon.

Further coverage of this story can be read here

Sunday, 11 April 2010

JFAC Responds to Claims Siddiqui’s Missing Daughter Held in Bagram for Seven Years

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 11th 2010

In response to the information issued by Senator Talha Mahmood at a press conference in Pakistan Saturday, that Aafia Siddiqui’s daughter Maryam, four years old at the time of her abduction, was held in a ‘cold, dark room’ in Bagram for the past seven years, Justice for Aafia Coalition (JFAC) founder, Maryam Hassan commented:

“After years of repeated denials, claiming ignorance of the whereabouts of Aafia Siddiqui and her children, the US Government’s lies are finally unravelling, yet many troubling questions remain unanswered.

Whilst overjoyed that Maryam has finally been released and reunited with Aafia’s family – and we pray that their independent verification of her identity confirms that of the government’s - we must still ask what has become of Aafia’s youngest child, Suleman, only six months old at the time of his abduction? For years there have been distressing rumours that Suleman had been killed in US custody and reports that Aafia was shown photos of the baby lying in a pool of blood. His welfare needs to be immediately disclosed.

That the media and international bodies can remain deafeningly silent when confronted with the case of a four year old child separated from her parents and held in inhumane conditions for seven years at the detention facility in Bagram, notorious for the torture and murder of detainees, is both outrageous and appalling. Seven years too many have passed and an independent inquiry into the circumstances of their disappearance, detention and alleged torture is long overdue and now a matter of urgency. Those responsible must be held to account.”

[Ends]

Notes for editor:

1. The Justice for Aafia Coalition is an umbrella body for a number of organizations, groups, and activists created in February 2010 to campaign for the release and return of Aafia Siddiqui and for the opening of a full investigation into the circumstances of her detention and the whereabouts of her children.

2. Aafia Siddiqui’s lawyers maintain that she was abducted by the Pakistani and US agents along with her three children in 2003 and rendered to Afghanistan where she was detained by American forces for over five years. Siddiqui claims she was abused, raped and tortured throughout her detention. She was convicted in February 2010 of allegedly firing on US soldiers while in custody in what appears to have been a grave miscarriage of justice. Her son Ahmed was released in September 2008 from Afghan custody.

3. Earlier this week a 12 year old girl was left outside the residence of Aafia Siddiqui’s family in Karachi. Although initial tests suggested she was not Siddiqui’s missing daughter, Pakistani Interior Minister disclosed on April 10th that DNA tests matched that of Aafia’s son and confirmed she was her offspring. The girl who identified herself as ‘Fatima’ was recovered from the US airbase at Bagram, reportedly in the custody of an American known only as ‘John’. She is said to speak only English and Persian.

4. For full details of the case, please visit http://www.justiceforaafia.org

dirty us soldiers !!!

world terrorists number one !

Hey now, I have several friends and family members in the military. They are good people, and haven't done anything like the stuff mentioned in this story. Really, what did they do to you to deserve such unjustified name-calling?

More on topic though, I can't say I believe any of that stuff about the girl.

Reuben- just because you have not heard of AAfia siddiques case in your tiny little world does not mean it is not happening-
i suggest you think carefully before posting your nonsence about so called ''friends in the army''
if your mother and sisters were raped and tortured by american soldiers would you still be calling the army decent? get a reality check and keep off my topics-the same goes for farhid-
i dont know what religion you belong to but in islam we are all brothers and sisters and we care for each other.

farid_h

<defunct>
Contributeur
i suggest you think carefully before posting your nonsence about so called ''friends in the army''

Why exactly is it nonsense that he has friends in the (US) army? Do you think all US military personnel are ruthless killers without exception? :eek:

And while we're talking about solidarity, isn't the following kind of practical and pragmatic medical aid (by the US military, no less) solidarity too?

http://www.151arw.ang.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123109228

And the following kind of aid by the venerable US Peace Corps in Morocco, isn't that very tangible and practical solidarity?

http://rabat.usembassy.gov/peacecorps.html

Assendou

...should the need arise!
VIB
Reuben- just because you have not heard of AAfia siddiques case in your tiny little world does not mean it is not happening-
if your mother and sisters were raped and tortured by american soldiers would you still be calling the army decent? get a reality check and keep off my topics-the same goes for farhid-
i dont know what religion you belong to but in islam we are all brothers and sisters and we care for each other.

Hello!

We are all brothers and sisters, regardless of religion or lack of.

Ps. We can't ask people to agree with us, or keep away from our topics. That doesn't make any sense, does it?

Have a nice day!

I don't care for people simply because they share the same religion. I care for people because they are people. Many people serve in the military to support their families and their country, and are perfectly normal people, people that don't rape and torture. You make a huge (and false) generalization when you say that all American military are heartless, ruthless murderers.

You tell me to get a reality check, but what silly world are you living in? If evidence says the lady attempted murder, it's going to take a lot to get me to believe otherwise. If you're ignoring evidence simply because you share the same religion as this woman, then you're not very bright. I don't know all of the details, and she may have very well been detained when she didn't deserve it. What I do know is that you damage any credibility you have with me when you choose to insult my family and friends simply because they are in the military to support their families.

arabMan

&#1575;&#1604;&#1585;&#1580;&#1604; &#1575;&#1604;
I don't care for people simply because they share the same religion. I care for people because they are people. Many people serve in the military to support their families and their country, and are perfectly normal people, people that don't rape and torture. You make a huge (and false) generalization when you say that all American military are heartless, ruthless murderers.

You tell me to get a reality check, but what silly world are you living in? If evidence says the lady attempted murder, it's going to take a lot to get me to believe otherwise. If you're ignoring evidence simply because you share the same religion as this woman, then you're not very bright. I don't know all of the details, and she may have very well been detained when she didn't deserve it. What I do know is that you damage any credibility you have with me when you choose to insult my family and friends simply because they are in the military to support their families.

why these soldiers are present in iraq ??, you think they want to rebuild the country !! if so then you remain front of CNN all time.
These soldiers are there to colonize, torture and kill, they are cowards who allow themselves to commit crimes against humanity.
put your feet on the earth and leave the world of flowers where you lives

why these soldiers are present in iraq ??, you think they want to rebuild the country !! if so then you remain front of CNN all time.
These soldiers are there to colonize, torture and kill, they are cowards who allow themselves to commit crimes against humanity.
put your feet on the earth and leave the world of flowers where you lives

The soldiers are there because the government and military requires them to be, and not going ends with them being put in prison and losing the ability to support their families. How many people do you think actually want to leave their families for 12-18 months at a time to go to the desert and risk getting shot or blown up? That's not realistic.

My uncles do mechanical and electrical work on aircraft. How exactly is that a crime against humanity?

arabMan

The soldiers are there because the government and military requires them to be, and not going ends with them being put in prison and losing the ability to support their families. How many people do you think actually want to leave their families for 12-18 months at a time to go to the desert and risk getting shot or blown up? That's not realistic.

My uncles do mechanical and electrical work on aircraft. How exactly is that a crime against humanity?

the aircraft repaired by your uncle, destroys entire neighborhoods with their families, crime is not only the fighter pilot but also by the Congress which gave the green light, maintenance technicians, inspectors and suppliers, without these people the fighter pilots can not do anything.
the history of your country is shameful, during Rwanda genocide, your country did not intervene to save the lives of 800 000 people, the explanation has been given by the Minister of the exterior who said that "united states has no friends but it has interests "

farid_h

<defunct>
Contributeur
(...) the explanation has been given by the Minister of the exterior who said that "united states has no friends but it has interests "

That's true for EVERY country, and it's called Realpolitik. Countries have interests, people have friends.

But then again, it doesn't make everyone in a country (including their military personnel) bad guys. Look, I suppose that unless you're on welfare, you're paying taxes, like everyone else. You do know that a part of those taxes are set aside for the military, and, depending on your country, even to wage war... in your name, right?

Does that make YOU a bad person? Of course not! How could it?

The fact that he indirectly contributes to crimes against humanity...

Why has he chosen to work for such an employer ( the US government) at the first place, especially in the military ?

The problem with the US is that the US wants to civilize the world up to its ideals, but has no right to act as such.

But as Daniel Ortega stated : '' la vida de los imperios es efímera en relación *** el tiempo, que así como surgen, que así como se llenan de soberbia y de prepotencia, así como se plantan a dictar como dioses quién es bueno y quién es malo, así como se ponen a dictar cómo entregar lo que ellos llaman asistencia, que no son más que las deudas históricas que tienen *** nuestros pueblos...''

Had you have spoken spanish Farid, you would have loved his speech :)

That's true for EVERY country, and it's called Realpolitik. Countries have interests, people have friends.

But then again, it doesn't make everyone in a country (including their military personnel) bad guys. Look, I suppose that unless you're on welfare, you're paying taxes, like everyone else. You do know that a part of those taxes are set aside for the military, and, depending on your country, even to wage war... in your name, right?

This is exactly true. Countries will always do what is in their best interests, and people should always expect it.

girondain à dit:
The fact that he indirectly contributes to crimes against humanity...

Why has he chosen to work for such an employer ( the US government) at the first place, especially in the military ?

The problem with the US is that the US wants to civilize the world up to its ideals, but has no right to act as such.

My uncles have each been in the air force for nearly 20 years, before any of this recent mess began. You don't just get to leave the military when bad things happen, you sign a contract for a certain amount of time. They chose the military because it has excellent benefits, and you can retire after 20 years.

Saying that they indirectly contribute to crimes against humanity... That's a ridiculous argument. You could also say that they contribute to saving millions more lives because of the amount of aid the US government flies out all over the world, but you don't.

The US government doesn't care about civilizing or colonizing any part of the world, and neither do the soldiers. The US government cares about furthering its interests, just as any other country does. The soldiers are just there because the government makes them. Americans are normal people too. Where would you rather be? Off in the desert, where every day you have a good chance of being shot or blown up? Or at home, with your wife, enjoying homemade meals and visiting with family and friends?

arabMan

i partly agree with you when you say that countries have interests, however there are a lot of countries that help each onther simply because they share the same religion or the ethnicity.
they have interests yes, but the policy to achieve those interests is not the same and also the nature of those interests,
colonize a country to ensure a source of energy is not comparable to the development of a strategy to reduce energy needs, you see the same objective but can be done differently.

You could also say that they contribute to saving millions more lives because of the amount of aid the US government flies out all over the world, but you don't.

The killings are astonishingly more numerous than the savings, so why would I bother referring to the savings ?

The US government doesn't care about civilizing or colonizing any part of the world, and neither do the soldiers. The US government cares about furthering its interests, just as any other country does.

Its interests lies in ''civilizing'' the world. So this is exactly my point. . Complex of superiority, megalomanism, arrogance, these are words you should employ more often perhaps...

arabMan

i partly agree with you when you say that countries have interests, however there are some countries that help each other simply because they share the same religion or ethnicity.
the countries don't have the same interests, precisely the nature of such interest and the strategy for achieving them, i give the example of a country that colonize for a power source and another that tries to minimize its need to better manage its consumption, the objective is the same but the method is not the same !!

i partly agree with you when you say that countries have interests, however there are a lot of countries that help each onther simply because they share the same religion or the ethnicity.
they have interests yes, but the policy to achieve those interests is not the same and also the nature of those interests,
colonize a country to ensure a source of energy is not comparable to the development of a strategy to reduce energy needs, you see the same objective but can be done differently.

Countries do not help each other just because they have the same religion or ethnicity. There is ALWAYS a reason, an end goal to be met. Can you show me an example where countries have helped another because of their religion and nothing else?

The US and UK have had a special friendship for a long time now, but even that is drying up after Iraq. I would say it's probably the fault of the US, though. The Bush administration brought a lot of changes that nobody really likes.

And girondain, you're just being silly now.

arabMan

Countries do not help each other just because they have the same religion or ethnicity. There is ALWAYS a reason, an end goal to be met. Can you show me an example where countries have helped another because of their religion and nothing else?

The US and UK have had a special friendship for a long time now, but even that is drying up after Iraq. I would say it's probably the fault of the US, though. The Bush administration brought a lot of changes that nobody really likes.

And girondain, you're just being silly now.

you can see the support that Muslim countries give to Palestine, the Morocco sends aid to Palestine even if i has
no border with isreal and it is not directly threatened.
Fortunately there is the spiritual side of our life otherwise everyone would be materialistic