Better to live in england, france, or u.s ?

Hi,

firstly sorry for my bad (very bad english :timide:)

I'm living in France, we pay almost nothing for health care which is great, peoples who don't have much money get a lot of aids, on the contrary peoples who have a good salary pays a lot. I'm not sure about what i want to be (doctor or physician), physician have difficulties to find a job here and i think the best country in advanced knowledge and technologie for those jobs is U.S.

I heard from my brother who travelled in England that is so much clean and people more respectable than her.

So i reserch something where we have clean food (i heard u.s is worst for the food), calm, a country where people not paying attention of you or judging you, somewhere were peoples like to work (not sit and waiting aid from the country), where we don't have to pay a lot off thing based on our salary, a country advanced in knolewdge and have a good future, and a country were islam can be practice without problems and who don't make dram about islam (in France women dosen't have the right to work with the hijab and get sometimes insulted or hurt by people in street)

Can you tell me about the best and worst from those coutrys wathever if you are living there or just traveled there.

Thank you

Dernière édition:
Hi Shadow,
I have lived in the US for 23 years and i can tell you for sure that the US is one of the best places on earth to live in. The land of the free and the home of the brave as they call it.where everyone on this land is entiteled to life, liberty and the pousuit of happiness. Here i was given a second chance. I was alwys considered equal. On this land everyone (legal or illegal) is protected by the constitution, same rights, same opportunities. On this land, if you want, you can. The american dream is for the hardworkers not the lazy. Oon this land, if you obey the law, the law will be your most important asset. I could go on and on .....i have visited France and England and i can assure you that the difference is like night and day.i like Europe but not to live in. Anyway if you need any specific info do not hestitate to contact me i would be more than happy to help.

Hi Shadow,
I have lived in the US for 23 years and i can tell you for sure that the US is one of the best places on earth to live in. The land of the free and the home of the brave as they call it.where everyone on this land is entiteled to life, liberty and the pousuit of happiness. Here i was given a second chance. I was alwys considered equal. On this land everyone (legal or illegal) is protected by the constitution, same rights, same opportunities. On this land, if you want, you can. The american dream is for the hardworkers not the lazy. Oon this land, if you obey the law, the law will be your most important asset. I could go on and on .....i have visited France and England and i can assure you that the difference is like night and day.i like Europe but not to live in. Anyway if you need any specific info do not hestitate to contact me i would be more than happy to help.

I also though u.s is one of the best place in world to live in and work in because of the opportinies and great scientist there, but i said to myself perhaps the reality is different, so it's nice to see that you confirm what i though.

If it's not too intrusive i will be glad to hear about your second chance. And also why did you left if us is the best land ? How old are you when you start living in us ? Do you think it's hard for someone to rebuild a new life, find husband or wife and live far from his family in a new land that you never lived ? How long took you to use about people ect there ? Are they welcoming and friendly with strangers ?

Hi,

I'm living in France, we pay almost nothing for health care which is great, peoples who don't have much money get a lot of aids, on the contrary peoples who have a good salary pays a lot. I'm not sure about what i want to be (doctor or physician), physician have difficulties to find a job here and i think the best country in advanced knowledge and technologie for those jobs is U.S.

I heard from my brother who travelled in England that is so much clean and people more respectable than her.

So i reserch something where we have clean food (i heard u.s is worst for the food), calm, a country where people not paying attention of you or judging you, somewhere were peoples like to work (not sit and waiting aid from the country), where we don't have to pay a lot off thing based on our salary, a country advanced in knolewdge and have a good future, and a country were islam can be practice without problems and who don't make dram about islam (in France women dosen't have the right to work with the hijab and get sometimes insulted or hurt by people in street)

Can you tell me about the best and worst from those coutrys wathever if you are living there or just traveled there.

Thank you

Salut, j'ai la flemme de répondre en anglais... Mais j'ai vécu 1 an en Angleterre, comme étudiante Erasmus puis plus tard comme stagiaire dans un laboratoire de recherche, donc voici mes impressions.

Pour répondre à tes points :
- la nourriture : hé bah comparé à la France ou la Belgique, c'est bof. Si tu habites en ville, tout s'achète en supermarché ou au marché, les épiceries/boucheries/etc sont rares, et soit luxueuses soit douteuses. Les produits (charcuteries, fromage, pains) sont moins gouteux et plus gras/sucrés. J'ai pris 5 kgs en quelques mois, en faisant pourtant attention... Pour manger sainement, ça coûte plus cher là-bas qu'ici.
- la religion et vivre tranquille : les gens s'habillent de façon moins uniforme (les anglais moyens s'habillent n'importe comment :p, tu peux voir des burkabées marcher sur le même trottoir que des femmes en tenues extravagantes) ; les gens sont beaucoup plus communautaires (eg, les blancs restent entre eux, etc. moins de mélange, à l'université ça m'avait choqué de voir cette auto-ségrégation) mais d'un autre côté tu as plus la paix je suppose
- la propreté : j'ai trouvé les endroits que je visitais en moyenne plus sales que la Belgique, beaucoup de villes anglaises ne s'intéressent pas au recyclage ou au tri des déchets et ça se répercute peut-être sur la population.
- la santé, si tu veux devenir médecin : le NHS c'est VRAIMENT la misère noire, par contre si tu veux pratiquer la médecine dans le privé : ££££

Après, tu dis que tu veux être "doctor" ? Mais c'est juste un titre (comme master ou titulaire d'un BTS), pas un métier ;) Ca veut dire que tu aimerais faire un doctorat ?

A

AncienMembre

Non connecté
Hey Shadowwww,

I left France for Canada about three years ago, and to answer you question about whether or not it is hard to start a new life abroad : It's Not. Trust me. It might be scary at first that's for sure, but you can do it no worries.

Living very close from the US border, I'm used to go there times to times, and honestly, I think I would be able to live there. The people a clearly more friendly and respectful than in France. There are more jobs than in France and in your area, the salary will be much much better ;)

Regarding the health care system, from my understanding of it, I think that if you have a job that offers a good health care coverage : You're good to go.
If you don't ... Then, you'd better live somewhere else or hope you won't need any expensive treatment. Or you need to make enough income on your own to afford a private insurance.

(That's why Canada for example is a good compromise between the US and Europ, it's kind of halfway between the two.)

Forget about france (my point of view) it's aaaaall crumbling down ... And the health care too.

I don't know much about the UK though :)

Have a good one !

Dernière modification par un modérateur:
Salut, j'ai la flemme de répondre en anglais... Mais j'ai vécu 1 an en Angleterre, comme étudiante Erasmus puis plus tard comme stagiaire dans un laboratoire de recherche, donc voici mes impressions.

Pour répondre à tes points :
- la nourriture : hé bah comparé à la France ou la Belgique, c'est bof. Si tu habites en ville, tout s'achète en supermarché ou au marché, les épiceries/boucheries/etc sont rares, et soit luxueuses soit douteuses. Les produits (charcuteries, fromage, pains) sont moins gouteux et plus gras/sucrés. J'ai pris 5 kgs en quelques mois, en faisant pourtant attention... Pour manger sainement, ça coûte plus cher là-bas qu'ici.
- la religion et vivre tranquille : les gens s'habillent de façon moins uniforme (les anglais moyens s'habillent n'importe comment :p, tu peux voir des burkabées marcher sur le même trottoir que des femmes en tenues extravagantes) ; les gens sont beaucoup plus communautaires (eg, les blancs restent entre eux, etc. moins de mélange, à l'université ça m'avait choqué de voir cette auto-ségrégation) mais d'un autre côté tu as plus la paix je suppose
- la propreté : j'ai trouvé les endroits que je visitais en moyenne plus sales que la Belgique, beaucoup de villes anglaises ne s'intéressent pas au recyclage ou au tri des déchets et ça se répercute peut-être sur la population.
- la santé, si tu veux devenir médecin : le NHS c'est VRAIMENT la misère noire, par contre si tu veux pratiquer la médecine dans le privé : ££££

Après, tu dis que tu veux être "doctor" ? Mais c'est juste un titre (comme master ou titulaire d'un BTS), pas un métier ;) Ca veut dire que tu aimerais faire un doctorat ?

non ca m'arrange un commentaire en francais j'ai du mal avec l'anglais. Doctor je pensais ca voulais dire medecin, mais j'ai horreur de ces etudes bourrage de crane apprendre tout par coeur, c'est difficile pour moi du coup j'hesite. La physique j'aime beaucoup ca. Je essayer de faire des stages en hopital ect pour me decider vraiment de ce que je veux.
Donc en gros l’Angleterre c'est plus chere que la Belgique. Mais tu es dejà venu en France? J'entend que la Belgique est cher de base.
Ho c'est dommage moi je pensais que l'angletterre etait clean, mon frère il a pris le metro (subway) la ba il m'a dit ca change de chez nous, on entendant pas crier, frauder, cannetes sur les feuteil ect ...les gens parler calmement jetè les trucs à la poubelle ect..
Tu etait à Cambridge ? Les universitès la ba me font rever elles sont belles
Et du coup à la fac t'a eu du mal à t'integrer avec les anglais vu qu'il sont entre eux ?

Hey Shadowwww,

I left France for Canada about three years ago, and to answer you question about whether or not it is hard to start a new life abroad : It's Not. Trust me. It might be scary at first that's for sure, but you can do it no worries.

Living very close from the US border, I'm used to go there times to times, and honestly, I think I would be able to live there. The people a clearly more friendly and respectful than in France. There are more jobs than in France and in your area, the salary will be much much better ;)

Regarding the health care system, from my understanding of it, I think that if you have a job that offers a good health care coverage : You're good to go.
If you don't ... Then, you'd better live somewhere else or hope you won't need any expensive treatment. Or you need to make enough income on your own to afford a private insurance.

(That's why Canada for example is a good compromise between the US and Europ, it's kind of halfway between the two.)

Forget about france (my point of view) it's aaaaall crumbling down ... And the health care too.

I don't know much about the UK though :)

Have a good one !

thank you it's motives me to live this place. How it's Canada ? I'm not traveling a lot, i seen some picture about canada the mountain, lake it's seem very beautiful i dont know if it's like that everywhere in Canada.

My perfect city for me will be an active city like Paris or London ect... but also with nature (montain, lake) , i think seattle in us is like this but i'm not sure. How it your city in the border of us ?

You said that if we have a good job we have no probleme with medical cares. A job like what ? So if you get fired it's awful ? Here in France we have a lot even if you don't have job my brother has a very rare genetic ilness and normaly he have to pay each month a lot but it free here. The medical care scare me in US, you have to be rich or with a good job to be treaded by doctors

A

AncienMembre

Non connecté
thank you it's motives me to live this place. How it's Canada ? I'm not traveling a lot, i seen some picture about canada the mountain, lake it's seem very beautiful i dont know if it's like that everywhere in Canada.

My perfect city for me will be an active city like Paris or London ect... but also with nature (montain, lake) , i think seattle in us is like this but i'm not sure. How it your city in the border of us ?

You said that if we have a good job we have no probleme with medical cares. A job like what ? So if you get fired it's awful ? Here in France we have a lot even if you don't have job my brother has a very rare genetic ilness and normaly he have to pay each month a lot but it free here. The medical care scare me in US, you have to be rich or with a good job to be treaded by doctors

Anytime :)

I Actually live in Montreal (Quebec), it's about 40/45 minutes away from the US border. So I mostly know the North East side of the states. I've don't "know" the US per say.

Canada (and the US) are both HUGE countries as you must already know, so it's extremely different from a place to another. Consider that it takes almost the same time to fly from Montreal/Paris and Montreal/Vancouver lol.

So regarding the landscapes, you'll be served ! (If you have enough time to both study AND travel because, again, the distances are note similare to European countries lol)

For the health care all I know is that, in Canada, you have some kind of National Healthcare System, which, when you do not have a job or can't afford any kind of insurance, will help you live decently. (Not as elaborated as in France, but good enough)

When you have a job that offers you an private health insurance, you MUST unsubscribe from the NHS and enroll with your job's coverage (Which you will choose the coverage and will be deducted from your paychecks) so pretty much every body is covered.

In the US it's more complicated because no NHS. I think it works the same way as in Canada when you have a job. But if you don't ... You're in a deeper shit than in Canada from what I heard.

You said you wanted to be an MD (Most people will understand you if you call it a doctor, but the right word is MD or physician)., so I suggested you the US as a Physician. If you get to practice medicine in the US, don't even worry about your coverages lol.

EDIT : If you ever get to chose canada for the Landscapes : Go WEST : British Columbia is STUNNING. :love:

Dernière modification par un modérateur:
I also though u.s is one of the best place in world to live in and work in because of the opportinies and great scientist there, but i said to myself perhaps the reality is different, so it's nice to see that you confirm what i though.

If it's not too intrusive i will be glad to hear about your second chance. And also why did you left if us is the best land ? How old are you when you start living in us ? Do you think it's hard for someone to rebuild a new life, find husband or wife and live far from his family in a new land that you never lived ? How long took you to use about people ect there ? Are they welcoming and friendly with strangers ?
Hi Shadow,
I was 19 when I came to the U.S. on a student visa. The language was a bit of a problem at first but after taking English and enrolling in college things started to get lot easier. I found a job within the same week. The respect and hospitality I found in the people I met was amazing. As most of young men that came to the U.S. or any other western country, I started living what I couldn't back home, so night clubs, parties.....it was a 2 years of doing nothing but working hard and playing harder...and then I went back to College and that was my second chance. I could go back to college whenever I want to.and study whatever I want. Health insurance is expensive but most employers offer health benefit. If you can't afford it, the state will provide it to you. What I like most about the US is the diversity of its population. You can have a french breakfast, Japanese for lunch and Mexican for diner. Once you are in the US you are considered american. Things changed since sept 11 events but I still think if you are serious enough and have strong determination you can achieve anything .
As of the reason why I went back home. I wanted to be close to my mother and family. Not to forget that I started to hate the long snowy winter days. And we say, lberani 3gobto leblado. I love Morocco.

Anytime :)

I Actually live in Montreal (Quebec), it's about 40/45 minutes away from the US border. So I mostly know the North East side of the states. I've don't "know" the US per say.

Canada (and the US) are both HUGE countries as you must already know, so it's extremely different from a place to another. Consider that it takes almost the same time to fly from Montreal/Paris and Montreal/Vancouver lol.

So regarding the landscapes, you'll be served ! (If you have enough time to both study AND travel because, again, the distances are note similare to European countries lol)

For the health care all I know is that, in Canada, you have some kind of National Healthcare System, which, when you do not have a job or can't afford any kind of insurance, will help you live decently. (Not as elaborated as in France, but good enough)

When you have a job that offers you an private health insurance, you MUST unsubscribe from the NHS and enroll with your job's coverage (Which you will choose the coverage and will be deducted from your paychecks) so pretty much every body is covered.

In the US it's more complicated because no NHS. I think it works the same way as in Canada when you have a job. But if you don't ... You're in a deeper shit than in Canada from what I heard.

You said you wanted to be an MD (Most people will understand you if you call it a doctor, but the right word is MD or physician)., so I suggested you the US as a Physician. If you get to practice medicine in the US, don't even worry about your coverages lol.

EDIT : If you ever get to chose canada for the Landscapes : Go WEST : British Columbia is STUNNING. :love:

It's seem weird for me to call a "médecin" physician, so "le physicien" who actually tooke a doctorat in physics and his job is about psysics like stephan hawking einstein ect how do we call them ? Physician too ?

Hi Shadow,
I was 19 when I came to the U.S. on a student visa. The language was a bit of a problem at first but after taking English and enrolling in college things started to get lot easier. I found a job within the same week. The respect and hospitality I found in the people I met was amazing. As most of young men that came to the U.S. or any other western country, I started living what I couldn't back home, so night clubs, parties.....it was a 2 years of doing nothing but working hard and playing harder...and then I went back to College and that was my second chance. I could go back to college whenever I want to.and study whatever I want. Health insurance is expensive but most employers offer health benefit. If you can't afford it, the state will provide it to you. What I like most about the US is the diversity of its population. You can have a french breakfast, Japanese for lunch and Mexican for diner. Once you are in the US you are considered american. Things changed since sept 11 events but I still think if you are serious enough and have strong determination you can achieve anything .
As of the reason why I went back home. I wanted to be close to my mother and family. Not to forget that I started to hate the long snowy winter days. And we say, lberani 3gobto leblado. I love Morocco.

Yes it's seems nice life their, so right know you are in marocco but you planning to return in US and live their or you want to stay in marroco ? The college dosn't cost too much in US ?

A

AncienMembre

Non connecté
It's seem weird for me to call a "médecin" physician, so "le physicien" who actually tooke a doctorat in physics and his job is about psysics like stephan hawking einstein ect how do we call them ? Physician too ?

Yeah I know, it seemed weird to me too, but this is the conclusion I came up with by listening to people talking around me lol. Someone will tell me if i'm wrong lol

That other profession you are talking about, about the sciences of physics is "Physicist" which you can add the speciality to. Like Astrophysicist, or Biophysicist etc.

I don't know much about living in England as native English men or otherwise. But If I have to compare between living in France or USA as Moroccan man. I would, first, say: It depends on what you're looking for in a country.... USA (advantages) most grocery stores open 24 hours. Cheap gasoline (relatively) low taxes. Education is relatively open to all based mainly on qualifications.... Disadvantages: Fatness of women.

In France. Advantages, many hairy skinny sexy French women. Subsidized health care....... Disadvantages: everything is closed on Sunday....

Yes it's seems nice life their, so right know you are in marocco but you planning to return in US and live their or you want to stay in marroco ? The college dosn't cost too much in US ?
Right now I am in the US to sort out some stuff and sell my house. College can be very costly but there are always ways around it. You can start by taking couple classes and go from there, work, get a loan. Some colleges are cheaper than others. For me I want to stay in Morocco. But I will come to the U.S. at least once a year. I still have friends and family members here.

I don't know much about living in England as native English men or otherwise. But If I have to compare between living in France or USA as Moroccan man. I would, first, say: It depends on what you're looking for in a country.... USA (advantages) most grocery stores open 24 hours. Cheap gasoline (relatively) low taxes. Education is relatively open to all based mainly on qualifications.... Disadvantages: Fatness of women.

In France. Advantages, many hairy skinny sexy French women. Subsidized health care....... Disadvantages: everything is closed on Sunday....
Hairy skinny women that smoke a lot...heheheheh. It's funny how they always describe the french as skinny and hairy...

Looool I like your point of view :D

But... "Hairy women" is really an advantage ?? o_O

Oh common guys.... Have you ever heard of the expression : "will work for sex".? .......... I suppose, some people are hungry, while others are horny.... priorities are, too, vary from people to people.

Hi,

Thank you
Hello,

And what about the CERN. You can be living in France and work in the biggest particle physics laboratory near Geneva.

For your information, I can see some times some muslim women working with the hijab. :cool:

Oh common guys.... Have you ever heard of the expression : "will work for sex".? .......... I suppose, some people are hungry, while others are horny.... priorities are, too, vary from people to people.
I thought it says "will work for food" but like u said priorities vary. Some want to eat and some just want to f..k i guess.

non ca m'arrange un commentaire en francais j'ai du mal avec l'anglais. Doctor je pensais ca voulais dire medecin, mais j'ai horreur de ces etudes bourrage de crane apprendre tout par coeur, c'est difficile pour moi du coup j'hesite. La physique j'aime beaucoup ca. Je essayer de faire des stages en hopital ect pour me decider vraiment de ce que je veux.
"Doctor" c'est un doctorat (en médecine, en littérature, en physique...), càd des études qu'on réaliser après un Master. Médecin c'est "physician".
De toutes façons, les études universitaires commencent toutes par quelques années de bourrage de crâne :D La pratique ne commence qu'en Master.

Donc en gros l’Angleterre c'est plus chere que la Belgique. Mais tu es dejà venu en France? J'entend que la Belgique est cher de base.
Il y a quelques années, mon père m'avait dit qu'en Belgique, 1/3 à 1/2 de ton salaire brut est pris par l'Etat, mais que les biens de consommation courants coûtent moins chers ; tandis qu'en France, l'Etat prélève moins sur ton salaire, mais le coût de la vie est plus élevé. Je ne sais pas si c'était vrai à l'époque, ni si ça l'est encore. Mais au Royaume-Uni, qui est de culture libérale, je suppose que l'état ne prélève quasiment rien sur ton salaire, et que ça se répercute sur la vie courante. Mais ce n'est que supposition.

Ho c'est dommage moi je pensais que l'angletterre etait clean, mon frère il a pris le metro (subway) la ba il m'a dit ca change de chez nous, on entendant pas crier, frauder, cannetes sur les feuteil ect ...les gens parler calmement jetè les trucs à la poubelle ect..
S'il a pris le subway, je suppose qu'il était dans le centre d'une grande ville, probablement Londres ? Il ne faut pas oublier que les centre-villes touristiques (Londres, Oxford, Cambridge etc.) sont nettoyés plusieurs fois par jour ; si tu t'éloignes du centre ou que tu vas dans des villes secondaires, les choses sont vraiment différentes. J'ai visité plusieurs petites villes, qui bien que touristiques, m'ont parues dégoûtantes par rapport à la Belgique, de même pour Cardiff (capitale du pays de Galles), une fois que tu t'éloignes c'est pas très propre.
Mais c'est vrai que dans les transports en commun, les gens sont fort calmes, font la file au lieu de se précipiter vers la porte...

Tu etait à Cambridge ? Les universitès la ba me font rever elles sont belles
Et du coup à la fac t'a eu du mal à t'integrer avec les anglais vu qu'il sont entre eux ?
J'étais à Cardiff, puis Birmingham. Les bâtiments ne sont pas spécialement beaux, ni laids, c'est un mélange de plusieurs époques. C'est sûr que Cambridge ou Oxford sont impressionnantes, car elles ont gardé une certaine uniformité architecturale et croulent sous des montagnes d'argent. Ce n'est pas le cas de toutes les universités.
J'ai trouvé les Britanniques très distants : dans les 2 universités belges où j'ai étudié, on essayait toujours d'intégrer les natifs, en Angleterre non. En même temps j'étais dans des universités très internationales, les British étaient peut-être blasés ;)

Hi Shadow,

I dont understand why morocans and maghrebins go to France or WORSE Québec, when there is AMERIKA :D
Yes I know english language is the main problem, but english is easy to learn.
Second main problem is how to get the visa to live and work in the usa, very hard to get.
So thats why america is so hard and difficult to go to.

:D

Dernière édition:

farid_h

<defunct>
Contributeur
Hi,

Thank you
If you're a physician, forget the UK and their NHS. Get to the States, you'll be more than welcome. Just make sure that you improve your English fast... and, depending on your clients/patients, Spanish would be a good addition to your skills set. ;)

If you're a physician, forget the UK and their NHS. Get to the States, you'll be more than welcome. Just make sure that you improve your English fast... and, depending on your clients/patients, Spanish would be a good addition to your skills set. ;)

As foreign graduate physician you will need some English to normalize your situation including passing all the examinations and obtaining the medical licensure for the state you wish to practice in...... And this, of course, requires some English.