J-1

do you know i f the moroccan conulate in usa accepts to give a waiver of the 2-year foreign residency requirements for moroccan exchange-visitor ? I sent several emails to the consulate and they don't answer me ... not surprising

thanks

WinterKiss

حب الوطن
do you know i f the moroccan conulate in usa accepts to give a waiver of the 2-year foreign residency requirements for moroccan exchange-visitor ? I sent several emails to the consulate and they don't answer me ... not surprising

thanks

Some J-1 exchange visitors are subject to the U.S. Department of State Two-Year Foreign Residence Requirement INA 212(e) that requires them to return to their home country for two years at the end of their J-1 program. If you belong to one of the following categories, you are most likely subject to this requirement at the end of your J-1 program:
*Medical doctor sponsored by Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
*You come from a country on the U.S. Department of State
*You received funding from your home government or from the U.S. government through agencies, such as Fulbright

The Two-Year Foreign Residency Requirement will not prevent you from reentering the U.S. with an F-1 student, B-1/B-2 (tourist) or J-1 student visa (or some other categories) in the future, but it will prevent you from getting H-1B non-immigrant employment or Permanent Residency status unless the 2 year requirement is either fulfilled or waived.

Applying for a Waiver:

There are four categories in which a waiver of the Two-Year Foreign Residency Requirement may be granted. This information is taken from the U.S. Department of State.

*No objection waiver
*Interested U.S. government agency (IGA) waiver
*Fear of persecution waiver
*Exceptional hardship waiver

well go to this website..seek for what you'r looking for.if you don't find out what you need contat me back i will ask a friend immigration lawyer there in the usa and let you know

go here:http://www.internationalcenter.umich.edu/immig/jvisa/j_2yrrequirements.html

well, i know that we can apply for a waiver with J-1.
as you said there is 4 reasons to get it :
*No objection waiver
I am concernet by the first category : No objection waiver,
and this is given by the consulate of your home country.
Now i don't know if the morrocan consulate accepts in general to give the No objection waiver for morrocan in usa with a j-1 visa and working in computer science.
anyone succeded to get it in the past ?

WinterKiss

حب الوطن
well, i know that we can apply for a waiver with J-1.
as you said there is 4 reasons to get it :
*No objection waiver
I am concernet by the first category : No objection waiver,
and this is given by the consulate of your home country.
Now i don't know if the morrocan consulate accepts in general to give the No objection waiver for morrocan in usa with a j-1 visa and working in computer science.
anyone succeded to get it in the past ?[/QUO

go to this website:::http://www.hooyou.com/j-1/j1_noobjection.html
see if you will find what you're looking for.if not i will anyway as a friend of mine in the usa he is immigration lawyer.good luck

Yes I read the pages content. They said :
Contact the consular section of your embassy in Washington, D.C., to request that a "no objection" statement be forwarded to the Department of State on your behalf.

What i want know is if there is someone who already did this "no objection" request to the moroccan consulate ? and what was there answer : was it accepted or refused.

Yes I read the pages content. They said :
Contact the consular section of your embassy in Washington, D.C., to request that a "no objection" statement be forwarded to the Department of State on your behalf.

What i want know is if there is someone who already did this "no objection" request to the moroccan consulate ? and what was there answer : was it accepted or refused.

Hi ncasa!
I am also a moroccan subject to the two-year foreign residence requirement and I was wondering if you got any news concerning the no objection letter you were asking about. Did you get an answer for your question? if yes could you please share it! thx

Hi,
Did the J1 waiver from the Moroccan consulate eventually work out for anyone of you?
I am morrocan on a J1 status in the US and the 2 years rule applies to me as I am working in computer engineering.
thanks a lot in advance

Hello,

I am sorry I can't help you as I didn't do any further research on the subject.
I sent an email to the morrocan consulate and I didn't get an answer. I also tryed to call but was getting the voice mail everytime so I gave up.
Maybe the bottom line would be to go to the morrocan consulate and ask them directly.
I hope you will have better luck than me!
Plz post the information if you succeed!

Hello,
For the moroccan consulate, one should just keep calling again and again, and evetually somebody will answer the phone. I was surprised, but people were really nice and friendly. I got the non objection letter from them in about one month. I hope the other steps for the J1 waiver would work smoothly and on time too.
Good luck everybody.

Hi everybody.
Im glad to see that Im not the only one freaking out about this J1 visa and NO objection statement.
I have a question for LOULOUSE .. because so far I think she is the only one who got this letter from the Moroccan Consulate in DC.
My question is .. when you asked the consulate for this letter .. you was still legal ?
Because here is my current situation : I would like to apply for waivers for the same reason .. but techicaly my visa expired April 30 but my sponsor granted me the one month GRACE .. so I can stay here until May 30 and be legal .. after that its another story.
So please tell me what were you step before and after that you obtained this letter.
Thanks !
And good luck to everybody.