Khaled in Vegas

Espiegle69

Evil Halouf
En quoi le fait d'avoir la peau "blanche"(en fait claire) pour un maghrébin(ce qui n'est pas établi dans ce cas) peut-il être effrayant?

Ils n'ont pas la peau blanche, ils ont la peau couleur "zombie" comme Michael Jackson parce qu' ils se tartinent la gueule avec du maquillage pour ressembler au maximum aux européens...

C'est très fréquent au moyen orient et je trouve ça absolument pathétique....:rolleyes:

cuty-pie

Modérateur
Modérateur
It was a magical night of culture,dance,music ,charity and peace.

All proceeds is gonna benefit NAAMA(National Arab American Medical Association)and ACCESS(Arab Community Center for Economic and Social Services)two leading charities well known for their effectiveness in improving the lives of arab children internationally.

ps:Everyone was getting along....it was awesome.

It was a magical night of culture,dance,music ,charity and peace.

All proceeds is gonna benefit NAAMA(National Arab American Medical Association)and ACCESS(Arab Community Center for Economic and Social Services)two leading charities well known for their effectiveness in improving the lives of arab children internationally.

ps:Everyone was getting along....it was awesome.
seems it was one special night for ya. good stuff...

Espiegle69

Evil Halouf
kinda ironic, considering that he's probably the less arab of them three.

Yes.......you're right. :D

But that 's something quite stricking when you watch arab TV. All women and most men are whiter than a swedish guy.

I've never heard of a TV news hoster or a famous singer with brown skin while most of people are beige or brown skinned in the arab world....

Kind of paradoxal....

Ils n'ont pas la peau blanche, ils ont la peau couleur "zombie" comme Michael Jackson parce qu' ils se tartinent la gueule avec du maquillage pour ressembler au maximum aux européens...

C'est très fréquent au moyen orient et je trouve ça absolument pathétique....:rolleyes:

Not all middle easterns are dark.

The lady (Asala Nasri) is Syrian and most Syrians are fair :rolleyes:

Yes.......you're right. :D

But that 's something quite stricking when you watch arab TV. All women and most men are whiter than a swedish guy.

I've never heard of a TV news hoster or a famous singer with brown skin while most of people are beige or brown skinned in the arab world....

Kind of paradoxal....

it's some kind of segregation : the whiter your skin is, the easier it is for you to get a high-level job. Same problem in Morocco, I don't think I've seen many dark-skinned CEOs.

Espiegle69

Evil Halouf
How many CEO's have you seen be3da? :rolleyes:

Hassan 2 was dark (Smar ), and he had the highest position you can accupy in Morocco :langue:

Come on !!! Don't be blind....

In Maghreb, the whiter your skin is, the better your chances are to occupy an high stated position.

And when you look at the maghrebian TV, they ALL are white. There is a strong inconcious belief than white means beautiful and civilized and black ugly and savage....

kinda ironic, considering that he's probably the less arab of them three.

Well,it depends on your definition of "arab".Most of the time it means native arabophone and has little to do with genetical link with tribes living in the arab peninsula.According to that sense arabophone maghrebis are arabs and that includes khaled whenever his mother seems to be black.

it's some kind of segregation : the whiter your skin is, the easier it is for you to get a high-level job. Same problem in Morocco, I don't think I've seen many dark-skinned CEOs.

Well what you say is simply wrong.You can find in Morocco,dark skinned an even blacks in the upper classes of the society.It's not a racist country.Only,History threw the tribal system made that clear-skinned tribes from north-morocco are over-represented in the elite.But since 4 decades it has changed a lot!

Come on !!! Don't be blind....

In Maghreb, the whiter your skin is, the better your chances are to occupy an high stated position.

And when you look at the maghrebian TV, they ALL are white. There is a strong inconcious belief than white means beautiful and civilized and black ugly and savage....

Just watch moroccan tv channels and you'll realize you're wrong,and prejudiced too...