New leak of US diplomatic cables

farid_h

<defunct>
Contributeur
Has anyone read some of the new diplomatic cables that leaked out of wikileaks recently (a.k.a. unredacted z-series cables.csv file from z.gpg-decrypted.7z)? Pretty interesting stuff for anyone interested in recent history.

I know it's a HUGE 1.6 GB text file (uncompressed), so it takes a while to digest. But scanning for cables from the RABAT US embassy is a particularly riveting read for us Moroccans. ;)

farid_h

<defunct>
Contributeur
i dunno what its about, but when i tried to look it up online..my work computer crashed :D

Hehe... :D

Well, you're supposed to use programs that won't try to load the whole file in memory. If you're using Linux, something like "less" or "more" is absolutely adequate:

$ less cables.csv

Then, when less displays the beginning of this file, you can search for, say, RABAT with '/', followed by 'RABAT'. You can then move to the next occurrence of the same word with 'n' (for next).

Alternatively, there are programs that can split this file into multiple smaller files.

Yes, it's not exactly comfortable, but it works.

myousra

swim/bike/run
heh
im not using linux
im using goodol' XP

i think the system blocks the site..cause whenever i tried my computer would just shutdown:D

and im kind of supposed to be working instead :rouge: