Perhaps happiness is simply a state of mind?

Hello.
Salam.
Manzaken.
and Shalom (to our Arab and Moroccan jewish friends if any).

I just wanted to say what we all feel sometimes but we cannot put it into words. Of course I cannot speak for you without your permission. But is it alright if I try?
What I mean is that, I love all that about liberty and democracy. I like freedom, free- entreprise, being humane, tolerant, equal and all the rest. I'd rather live here in the US, than in any place else, and yet, there is still something wrong, ( I think?). The problem seems to be with "society". It isn't working well..... just doesn't feel right: There is too much insecurity, stress, purposelessness, hostility, sleeplessness, depression, lonliness and suicide.....
So, I ask you, what is causing all this? And why can't society do something about it?

In the meantime. Please enjoy the following video since the summer is almost upon us:

YouTube - Surf Maroc 2010

myousra

swim/bike/run
everyone has a different view of what happiness is. for some it may be financial success/stability, for others it might simply be being healthy. our society trains us to always strive for more, it seems that we can never be completely fulfilled. and yet, we are happy. pissed off/stressed/anxious but happy.

I dont think its any different in morocco or europe. human nature is the same no matter where you are born. the only thing that changes is the means one would use to obtain his or her desires.

the solution:
there is no solution. it would be like getting everyone in rehab. and we all know the failure rates of staying sober after rehab are quite high. (im not saying everyone is an addict, im just saying that we've been used to a certain way things work..a radical change wouldnt work)

my50cents

I dont think its any different in morocco or europe. human nature is the same no matter where you are born. the only thing that changes is the means one would use to obtain his or her desires

Interesting, yet different view. Thank you very much for sharing it with us (me). However [T]hat difference in the means by which humans attain their livings is the one I am concerned of and it makes huge difference in human's life and feelings. An average American works 60 hours per week outside their home, If not more( am speaking of an American with college degree/professionals), yet lives lone ( or with pets) (if not divorced), owns two cars, home and more and compete for more. And in the process he/she confuses material things with love and happiness, thinking having more money and owning huge homes and cars will make them happy. Which is quite the contrary in most cases. I suppose.

In my mind, the one who makes do with very little will be always happy (like the Epicurean - i mean the real of definition of it). At the contrary, the one who wants always more will be always unsatisfied. I agree to say that happiness is simply a state of mind.

Happiness is subjective since we each have our own needs and requirements to achieve a state of being truly happy. Some need material comfort, some need tangible or social success, some need affection and family....... but since those things tend to be temporary and don't last long. I would agree with the idea that happiness is just a state of mind, a matter of having the right ( happy) perspective and view of one's life. I also think that balance in life and a healthy fulfillment of our real needs ( not those implanted by the media or those preconceived by social conditioning and culture). Other things that would lead easily to happiness are:
-A good health seems to be more able to make our minds happier, since exercise tends to make the body release Endorphins which promotes wellbeing.
- Social closeness since we humans are social animals and need constant meaningful human interactions.
- A calmer mind seems more prone to happiness.
-A happy family life

When you feel in peace with your conscience, when you know that you get it right and that the idea of death is no more a fear: that is happiness

Don't forget, goods are fleeting, and the more we want and desire things the more we flee away from real happiness which is a quiet and serene mind.

ghzali

Eternal Sunshine
Hapiness doesn't exist, only fragments of it...if we try to alloy them all together, we could reach some peace of mind....

Happiness for me is behind each smile of child, people i met during my trip, people who dont living like me, with the same facilities but people that have the power by a simple look or smile to tell me that there are happy...

It s like a message difficult to understood...it s a question of sense, perhaps it s a key of crucial questions about live...
It s a word of peace, a word of love that could make me serein, enjoying living....

But I agree with you happiness is a state of mind, the understanding to accept the good and bad things that God give us...And the willingness to perfect the live.

Hello.
Salam.
Manzaken.
and Shalom (to our Arab and Moroccan jewish friends if any).

I just wanted to say what we all feel sometimes but we cannot put it into words. Of course I cannot speak for you without your permission. But is it alright if I try?
What I mean is that, I love all that about liberty and democracy. I like freedom, free- entreprise, being humane, tolerant, equal and all the rest. I'd rather live here in the US, than in any place else, and yet, there is still something wrong, ( I think?). The problem seems to be with "society". It isn't working well..... just doesn't feel right: There is too much insecurity, stress, purposelessness, hostility, sleeplessness, depression, lonliness and suicide.....
So, I ask you, what is causing all this? And why can't society do something about it?

In the meantime. Please enjoy the following video since the summer is almost upon us:

YouTube - Surf Maroc 2010

Hi there !

Happiness is a state of mind, u can't lookin' for a state of mind... It's about emotions, feelings....
Who can run to emotions / feelings ? Nobody... U can't catch it, just feel it ...

Everybody has its own definition of happiness.... For some, it's about Power, Money, Carreer... For othersn it's love, friendship, family, human meetings...

Society works wrong, that' true...
The racing to power, success, money turns human bad... competition reveals the worst side of human being ...

But can we fight that ? i think, we can't, society is like that and u gotta play the game and always take distance with that and i don't know, u gotta lookin' for others things ( relationship, hobbies, helping others...) ti make your life full of positive !

Hi there !

Happiness is a state of mind, u can't lookin' for a state of mind... It's about emotions, feelings....
Who can run to emotions / feelings ? Nobody... U can't catch it, just feel it ...

Everybody has its own definition of happiness.... For some, it's about Power, Money, Carreer... For othersn it's love, friendship, family, human meetings...

Society works wrong, that' true...
The racing to power, success, money turns human bad... competition reveals the worst side of human being ...

But can we fight that ? i think, we can't, society is like that and u gotta play the game and always take distance with that and i don't know, u gotta lookin' for others things ( relationship, hobbies, helping others...) ti make your life full of positive !

good trial !! you have not finished your ideas i suppose i sounds a bit flimsy could you carry on as a matter of fact you were on the true path