The sense of humor

Espiegle69

Evil Halouf
From my own experience, I noticed that the hardest thing to achieve when you learn a foreign language is...................to be funny.

Honnestly, I consider myself having a pretty good command of english and when I speak french, I can be really hilarious (in all humility of course....:D).
But definitly being able to transpose your sense of humor from one language to another seems to be hardest step to reach.

Especially, that you have to deal with a context and cultural differences that are very different.
I got admit that it is sometimes frustrating.....:fou:

What do you think ?

Sure, being funny in a language requires a significant knowledge of the culture ...
However, it seems to me that puns, if put in a clever way, can be hilarious in any language.

cuty-pie

Modérateur
Modérateur
I think you're trying too hard:langue:

The sense of humor has nothing to do with our language,nor or culture!!......Either you have it or you don't.

You must believe in yourself in order of your humor to work,lol........If you go into a situation doubting yoursel,the delivery of whatever you're saying will falter and you will just end up looking like someone is trying too hard.:D
The sense of humor,is learned not inherited.

Good luck!!!