To all American Moroccans: How do we fit ?

How many Moroccan women and men are there in the USA? How can we meet one another? I don't know???????? I know one thing, when it comes to marriage, it is next to impossible to meet one's match in the USA. Am I wrong? May be..

I love Morocco, Our roots, traditions,my Culture and people. Sometimes I want to see Moroccans and just hug them and cry. Sure, tell me go back home... I did, and couple of days after returning, I felt the same raging killing homesickness again. I miss everything that screams Morocco !!

Maybe some of you out there did too. I left my soul there. I love you Morocco. Why do so many of us have to leave? Am I wrong to tell those who are still there to stay there?

We left and all we took with us a small piece of Morocco that can never make up for the whole...., a MEMORY.

Please share how you feel about leaving Morocco seaking a better life, Is it really what you have imagined?

How many Moroccan women and men are there in the USA? How can we meet one another? I don't know???????? I know one thing, when it comes to marriage, it is next to impossible to meet one's match in the USA. Am I wrong? May be..

I love Morocco, Our roots, traditions,my Culture and people. Sometimes I want to see Moroccans and just hug them and cry. Sure, tell me go back home... I did, and couple of days after returning, I felt the same raging killing homesickness again. I miss everything that screams Morocco !!

Maybe some of you out there did too. I left my soul there. I love you Morocco. Why do so many of us have to leave? Am I wrong to tell those who are still there to stay there?

We left and all we took with us a small piece of Morocco that can never make up for the whole...., a MEMORY.

Please share how you feel about leaving Morocco seaking a better life, Is it really what you have imagined?
Just try to look at it this way, we are God's chosen people, we are in America for a mission, to control USA and thus control the world.
one day, we will have a Moroccan in the white house.
yes we can.

first difficulty is numbers. how many moroccans are out there? and how close to each other are we?

i guess the best thing to have is community life. let it be one major meeting a year thats OK. one week-end meeting/reunion in a central city where everybody can contribute.

once links are existing then it wouldn't matter if you live 200 miles away from your fellow moroccan. and maybe if numbers permits like in new york, local groups can be formed and have a thriving exchange.

that was my 2 cents ;)

by the way i,m not from the states..

first difficulty is numbers. how many moroccans are out there? and how close to each other are we?

i guess the best thing to have is community life. let it be one major meeting a year thats OK. one week-end meeting/reunion in a central city where everybody can contribute.

once links are existing then it wouldn't matter if you live 200 miles away from your fellow moroccan. and maybe if numbers permits like in new york, local groups can be formed and have a thriving exchange.

that was my 2 cents ;)

by the way i,m not from the states..

I like the idea of a yearly meeting.. We lack a sense of a unified Community..

desperad0

get rich or die gangsta!
lol, you think you got the power to control the United States of America? ain't it ridiculous to narrate such stupid comments! I can't get whatchu sayin' God has chosen you?! is god a He to choose a moroccan and to giv'im everlasting bliss in the States territory?

what kind of mission are you expectin' to accomplish?

lol :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

lol, you think you got the power to control the United States of America? ain't it ridiculous to narrate such stupid comments! I can't get whatchu sayin' God has chosen you?! is god a He to choose a moroccan and to giv'im everlasting bliss in the States territory?

what kind of mission are you expectin' to accomplish?

lol :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

never mind,
you and him are both out of subject. you can debate together with PM or in another topic.

b3ntcasa
I hate to assume here, but i'm assuming that u are a girl, and u are somewhere here in the US...where there arent too many Moroccans. If i'm wrong on that one, I apologize.
Talking about my experience, when i first got here, i had the same feeling as you did after the first 4 months honey moon....the second year that's when i started mingling around and getting used to life. After that i established myself both financially and emotionally(found my other half). And guess what i cant live or breath anywhere else but in here where i live. I do go back to Morocco over two times a year, and to my surprise i feel homesick when i am in Morocco.
Now my approach on this matter is this, god didnt create us as human beings to a designated spots on earth. If al 9adar and machi2at Allah wanted u, to live somewhere else be it, and enjoy it to the fullest. Do not be miserable thinking that u cant live where u are and keep dreaming about going back to ur home country.

And far as getting together with other Moroccans, let me tell you this.....u dont have to buddy with every Moroccan you meet here in the US, same if u are back home....we are different, we come from different backgrounds, we have different approchaes to things. And that's what creates problems between Moroccans abroad. U feel obligated to become a friend with every single Moroccan u come across fel ghorba.
Other than that, a forum can be a good window for a breather.

farid_h

<defunct>
Contributeur
Just try to look at it this way, we are God's chosen people, we are in America for a mission, to control USA and thus control the world.
one day, we will have a Moroccan in the white house.
yes we can.

Yeah! Hurray to that! :D

Just do us a favor: let it not be H2, Reloaded, 'kay? I'd hate to see RTM-style news all over CNN, NBC, ABC, Fox, ... with the reading of all those thousands of routine congratulation telegrams being sent or received to or from other Heads of States. That would be a cruel and unusual punishment! ;)

b3ntcasa
I hate to assume here, but i'm assuming that u are a girl, and u are somewhere here in the US...where there arent too many Moroccans. If i'm wrong on that one, I apologize.
Talking about my experience, when i first got here, i had the same feeling as you did after the first 4 months honey moon....the second year that's when i started mingling around and getting used to life. After that i established myself both financially and emotionally(found my other half). And guess what i cant live or breath anywhere else but in here where i live. I do go back to Morocco over two times a year, and to my surprise i feel homesick when i am in Morocco.
Now my approach on this matter is this, god didnt create us as human beings to a designated spots on earth. If al 9adar and machi2at Allah wanted u, to live somewhere else be it, and enjoy it to the fullest. Do not be miserable thinking that u cant live where u are and keep dreaming about going back to ur home country.

And far as getting together with other Moroccans, let me tell you this.....u dont have to buddy with every Moroccan you meet here in the US, same if u are back home....we are different, we come from different backgrounds, we have different approchaes to things. And that's what creates problems between Moroccans abroad. U feel obligated to become a friend with every single Moroccan u come across fel ghorba.
Other than that, a forum can be a good window for a breather.

this is so true, although not all expat moroccans can be your freinds, some could be. but still we share a common heritage and culture and somtimes religion. its a way of life.

I second that....
Although on the criteria (religious) very disappointing, aint an angel myself too.
And the mistake that most of Moroccans abroad make, is that they have to have Moroccan friends no matter what are the differences, and when the clashes starts happening one start stereotyping, all Moroccans are this all Moroccans are that.....
Who didnt hear before leaving lablad, stay away from k7al rass, stay away from lmgharba, rah ghir lmachakil and so forth???

And let's not mix up gathering and social events with friendships. And if one have to have a group of friends that he sees and do things with. U gotta be careful, picking ur mate is almost like picking ur future wife :).

Other than that, love u all Moroccans out there.

this is so true, although not all expat moroccans can be your freinds, some could be. but still we share a common heritage and culture and somtimes religion. its a way of life.