Want to improve my english

Hi everybody ,
New in bladi.net , rather used to read french forums.
I accidentally discovered that there was also exchanges in English , and I need to improve my English , so I intend to write from time to time , hope you'll correct my mistakes and I invite you to tell me about others sites where I can exchange avec de bons anglophones or even natives may be interested to improve their french .
Thanks a lot to respond to my request .

Hello, well If you want to improve your English, you have to take English classes, especially communication ones. Well when i was eight years old, English was just like Japanese. I only knew Hi and Thank you. The thing that pushed me to learn English easily is having fun with the language. I started listening to good music and watching British movies. Try to listen to British Entertainers on YOutube. You can also share your thoughts through a public speaking and that would be the best idea. One last thing, you can even share your thoughts in a wonderful educative website dedicated to crazy readers and writers from different countries.

The link is: www.wattpad.com

Dernière édition:

Ebion

Ça a l'air que je suis l'esclave da partida
VIB
Hi everybody ,
I accidentally discovered that there was also exchanges in English , and I need to improve my English , so I intend to write from time to time , hope you'll correct my mistakes and I invite you to tell me about others sites where I can exchange avec de bons anglophones or even natives may be interested to improve their french .

Try www.penpalworld.com

You can find English-speaking penpals who will be happy to help you with your English. Just make sure you have something interesting to say.

Hi everybody ,

LOL " de bon anglophones". :p :mignon:
anglophone=English speaker.

Good luck!

Hi, if you want to reach a respectable level in English taking classes is fine but not enough. Like Enamir said, try to listen to english-speaking people. Personally I like to watch movies in english, if I don't understand something because actors are talking too fast I either replay the sequence or turn on french subtitles.
Also read a lot in english, anything goes from articles on the internet to books, it'll nourish your vocabulary and you'll memorize many expressions.
Listen to music, look for lyrics, play video games... consume everything that is in english. It'll take time to get results but they will difinitely come.
Also try to speak whenever you can, this is very important and yet often overlooked, it'd be great if you found someone with whom you can practice you speaking skills.

send me a private message if there is something you want to ask about.

farid_h

<defunct>
Contributeur
Hi everybody ,

You're welcome here. Just keep posting, and you'll improve your English skills quite rapidly. Of course, don't confine yourself to Bladi.net; there are plenty of forums with native English speakers out there that would likely be a better choice. But don't let this get into your way.

See you soon.

Hi, in order to improve your English, you must practice and speak so often. The trick to reach a good or even excellent level in English is by having fun ! Learning should be fun. Personally, I like watching American movies and series and because they may speak so fast, I use also English subtitles files. I also listen to music with lyrics. Well, reading books and articles in English also helps but personally I'm too lazy to do that :npq: that's why I read manga in English instead (It's fun :cool: ). Finally, there are so many examples for TOEFL and TOEIC on the internet so try preparing for them. Good luck ;)
Some interesting websites :
http://lang-8.com/ : You can find here native English speakers.
http://www.italki.com/
http://www.tvsubtitles.net/tvshows.html : This website is for subtitles, choose the TV show or program and download its subtitles.
P.S. If you don't know how to add subs on a video or want me to recommend some manga to read, let me know.

Dinor

VIB
Hi everybody ,

Download american series. I keep my english like that

I enjoy watching videos on English information and so I am learning my English by practicing with people .

It is far to be perfect and U?

What other languages did U improve?

Sora

Life is full of beauty
VIB
Hi, in order to improve your English, you must practice and speak so often. The trick to reach a good or even excellent level in English is by having fun ! Learning should be fun. Personally, I like watching American movies and series and because they may speak so fast, I use also English subtitles files. I also listen to music with lyrics. Well, reading books and articles in English also helps but personally I'm too lazy to do that :npq: that's why I read manga in English instead (It's fun :cool: ). Finally, there are so many examples for TOEFL and TOEIC on the internet so try preparing for them. Good luck ;)
Some interesting websites :
http://lang-8.com/ : You can find here native English speakers.
http://www.italki.com/
http://www.tvsubtitles.net/tvshows.html : This website is for subtitles, choose the TV show or program and download its subtitles.
P.S. If you don't know how to add subs on a video or want me to recommend some manga to read, let me know.
I do the same :rouge: :p

Hey pal, the first thing you should do is to LOVE english! Because when you love some school subject or some language, it gets easier to learn it. And then when you know that you're really into it you should make your own efforts and stop counting on people to teach you english, so what you have to do is listen to native american/british speakers (it depends on which accent you wanna have) and try to pronounce words just like them. And what will help you most is : movies, songs (especially old Rock n' Roll songs, because seriously new pop songs are just talking about party and girls, and that won't help you), you can watch some videos of youtubers like Smosh, etc. You can also sing or talk to yourself as if you were having an interview with yourself or record/write diaries they are really important!! I think diaries is the best idea ever !! And finally, just put your heart into it. FALL IN LOVE WITH ENGLISH!!<3

Hi everybody ,

New to bladi.net , I generally participate in French forums.
I accidentally discovered that there were exchanges in English. I need to improve my English , so I intend to write here from time to time , hope you'll correct my mistakes and I invite you to tell me about others sites where I can interact with people who are fluent in English or maybe where English speaking people may be interested in improving their French .
Thank you for your replies.

Hi everybody ,
Hello , i think it is more interesting too improve your English by meeting bladinautes in real live
so if you are interested i can give you my 06 to organize something you and me :D

Hi everybody ,

First off congratulations on trying to improve your English, unlike the damn "Mezicans" who come to the usa and expect Americans to know Spanish.

A

AncienMembre

Non connecté
First off congratulations on trying to improve your English, unlike the damn "Mezicans" who come to the usa and expect Americans to know Spanish.

A few years ago, I read that Spanish was about to become the first spoken language in the United States, before English (Based on the number of speakers for both languages). I suppose it is now the case ?

Even if, where I read that, I thought to myself that, on the other hand, most of American spanish speakers can also speak english. When the other way around might be more rare.
So it doesn't necessarily means what it seams to mean.