Where should learn english ?

Good evening,

I would like to switch some light on this issue.

Well first of all, think it's not necessary to travel to an Anglophone country so as to learn English.

I like some advices in this topic and I think one the good ways is to ''listen to the news program'' because most speakers articulates correctly the words while they were speaking.

Also to learn the ''structures of sentences that are repeated'' and try to repeat them whenever you can (such babies when they learn their very firsts sentences, you see what I mean?)

Usually when learning a language, "reading" improves your writing and "listening" improves your speaking.

I would add a tool that I personally found it interesting at the condition to find serious people. It's the : conversations / exchanges. Here in Canada it is a common thing as it's a multicultural country.

2 people meet once or twice a week and talk over coffee for one or two hours, the 1st half in French and one English (for example, it may be Spanish or Arabic or Mandarin etc ...).

Where this is not possible we may use the web sites of conversations / exchanges and we look for the right match. Then we use skype or msn.

The exchange is beneficial for both but as I said: we have to find serious people.

Good luck.

Hi Kabbi,

" serious people " : what is it supposed to mean ?

Good evening,

I would like to switch some light on this issue.

Well first of all, think it's not necessary to travel to an Anglophone country so as to learn English.

I like some advices in this topic and I think one the good ways is to ''listen to the news program'' because most speakers articulates correctly the words while they were speaking.

Also to learn the ''structures of sentences that are repeated'' and try to repeat them whenever you can (such babies when they learn their very firsts sentences, you see what I mean?)

Usually when learning a language, "reading" improves your writing and "listening" improves your speaking.

I would add a tool that I personally found it interesting at the condition to find serious people. It's the : conversations / exchanges. Here in Canada it is a common thing as it's a multicultural country.

2 people meet once or twice a week and talk over coffee for one or two hours, the 1st half in French and one English (for example, it may be Spanish or Arabic or Mandarin etc ...).

Where this is not possible we may use the web sites of conversations / exchanges and we look for the right match. Then we use skype or msn.

The exchange is beneficial for both but as I said: we have to find serious people.

Good luck.

Hi Kabbi,

" serious people " : what is it supposed to mean ?

A serious person is a person who is deeply interested, involved and concerned with the idea (or any important matters), rather than someone who is just trifling or jesting.

Of course when you are looking to improve your English, you need a serious help, but if after 2 or 3 times the partner does not show-up for the next meeting coming, you seems that you waste your time.

Or if the person talks about an ‘’out of subject‘’ , he/she waste your time and his/her own.

I wish you good luck.

Where should learn english ?

If I take my own experience as an example, I would suggest that you start reading English stuff on the internet, watch everything you can in English (subtitles help a lot), and try to practice it orally as much as you can, because pronunciation and spontaneity can be as important as grammatical knowledge.

Actually, I learned most of the basis on videogames (thanks to Derb Ghallef, the technological heart of my home town :D), but I see that you can express yourself quite well already. Finally, keep in mind that you're never gonna improve unless you work regularly. So if you're just planning to take some weeks of intense training then assume you are an English-speaker (like people often do), you are most likely to fail.

farid_h

<defunct>
Contributeur
In that aim,reading novels or short stories(with a good dictionnary close to you) will certainly be more beneficial, at least for written English.And you'll probably improve your spoken English watching films.

A propos reading, check out the excellent public domain repository at Project Gutenberg. They have tons of free and legal literature in English, mostly 18th and 19th century, that is out of copyright.

http://www.gutenberg.org/