Approaching people in the street

Hi

There are quite a few threads on this forum which is all about how to meet Bnet and Oulad bledna. On these threads, quite a few people answer to go to a certain part of London where all the Moroccans are located. That sounds really nice and all but here is my "technical question": How would you react if a girl comes up to you in the street and ask you whether you are from Morocco? Would you start a conversation with her?

Not sure.... Am not really the shy type of gal, but walking up to people in the street and talking to them is not really something I do

Quick background information, I have been living in UK for approx 7 years (been born and bred in France). My work makes me travel quite a lot so meeting new people can be quite a challenge.

Since 7 years I have been here I met 3 Moroccans:
- 1 Playboy that goes out with more girls than he can handle, and can usually be found in the Uni Bar drunk, even though he has not been a student for quite a few years
- 1 Girl that lost touch since she moved in with her boyfriend
- 1 work colleague that is going through a very messy divorce which leads him to be stressed about anything.

Going to a restaurant or for a drink or things like that one my own is not something that I would do. Any Ideas anyone?

Cheers

Hi There!
I'm having about the same issue... It's quite tough to meet people when you are traveling like mad or working like crazy.
I've been in London for 5 years and I met 4 moroccans... 3 of them got friendly with me just to help them get a job. The last one is now a true friend but she travels so much I barely get to see her.
I have been looking around for Moroccan Associations or "networks" but the few I found are not so active. They have one event a decade!!
Why don't we start our own???

Hey:

I am coming to London and need a place to stay with a Moroccan female(s). Please let me know if you are wiling to rent for 5 nights. I will be arriving tomorrow and leaving on Monday.

I am a Moroccan female leaving in casablanca, I came back to Morocco after 8 years in the US. I can be reached at nyhanan@yahoo.com (urgent)

Thank you.