Blacksmith

Some people think that blacksmith is a manly job. Women have no place in this industry. Do you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

moroccan-blacksmiths.jpg

Nawal's story

"Me, a blacksmith, in my father's, no way," I firmly said to myself shacking my head "I will be a jest of my family in people's mouth" scarcely said to myself again and then chuckled.

"Nawal! You must be jesting surely?" a voice in my head shouted at me when I was deeply rethinking my thoughts

My father is a wise man, in my eyes he is the finest man of all men I met or talked to. He is, of course, a conservative person but not that conservative. He motivates me to learn new things, but not the bad things. He wants me to travel see places but be responsible. He taught me values like family first, respect others, the knowledge is power, never made a big decision alone and much more. I am glad to have a father like him.

But sometimes he is like a roiled sea shouting and scolding when things are badly wrong from my side and then sweet and calm, nice and happy just like the fire for heating metals and the pounding that shapes it into art pieces like the one behind me in the pic. My father forges art metals and our blacksmith has been here, in the city of Laayoune southern regions of Morocco, since the time I could remember.

Nawal_s_father_s_blacksmith.jpg

My father is getting older. I feel it is my responsibility to do something protecting my father's blacksmith and Moroccan arts from vanishing to no undo. I am no more scared. Let's begin!