BMCE/Bank of Africa worst bank ever

If you have been thinking to open a bank account with Bank of Africa known also as BMCE, really don't.

Misleading Advertisement of Bank of Africa

It is a wow to hear that some banks in Morocco like Bank of Africa have the option of opening a bank account from distance. I could not believe it but wait and read me more before wowing.

It was an interesting offer for opening a bank account with Bank of Africa in Morocco: 6 months free of charging fees and the blue banking card will cost 50 Dhs instead of 100 Dhs before taxes first year. If you were like me and you are not in Morocco and you need a bank account in dirham currency, you will go ahead and get this offer. The service was easy, fast, clear, and believable. From the bank website you will be directed to WhatsApp and from there to a web page inviting you to enter personal information, selecting which banking account you opt for, and supporting the request by uploading government documents. Next you will be receiving some emails one of them is an invitation for a Skype meeting to make sure the photo in all uploaded government IDs is you. That is it.

As soon as I deposited 100 Dhs, the bank charged me 110 for the banking card which dropped my account to minus 10 dirhams. Right away I knew something is wrong.

Poor Communication of bank of Africa

Abdelhak Diae was the name of the person who checked and validated all my documents and activated my bank account. I then tried to communicate with this person and sent 4 emails explaining my situation and showing the bank of Africa its own advertisement. To my big surprise this person did not help. Not at all. The only answer I got is my branch should not charging me and I have to directly communicate with it. The rest of my other communications had no replies.

After waiting couple of days and did not hear from Bank of Africa, I contacted CMMB (Centre Marocain de Médiation Bancaire). First, I sent an email to cmmb@cmmb.ma. Waited 8 days. But got no answer. Second, I filled the form you can find at this link https://cmmb.ma/demande-de-mediation/ but still I got no answer. At this point my banking issue becomes a problem.

In person at my Bank of Africa Branch

When I reached Morocco, I went to my branch but I could not believe myself. There is noname I can read for any of the bank of Africa employees there. I had to ask the security guy about the name of the director of that branch. He told me if you go to the director's desk, you will see it. I did but her name was not there. I have to wait for her to come and ask.

Meeting with Nora Amzaouj

Nora Amzaouj is the director of my branch. Before I tell more, I have to tell the readers that she was hiding her name with some documents deliberately, I had to lean forward four times to read her full name properly. She was some helpful but not very. As per her saying, my new banking account was open by online banking department and she can't do much. All she can do is to reach out to them and CC Abdelhak Diae. Following with her next three days, she showed me a does-not-exist email of Abdelhak Diae ADIAE@bankofafrica.ma and some other people. During this time I was charged 145 Dirhams and 14.55 Tax (TVA). All these tells me that the bank is trying to buy time for the next banking fees to be applied. I decided to close my Account.

Closing my Banking Account with Bank Of Africa

Thursday I spoke with a man who is name Tawfik and will action the closure of my new checking banking account. I signed all documents needed and I had to leave 80 Dirhams for another banking fees. My new blue banking card which I never used was canceled right away but not my account.
I have to wait 48 hours and come back in person in order to close the account. So, Tawfik and I decided to meet Monday. Guess what Monday I was there but he was not. I was upset. Then, I was told there is another lady can be of help. I thought finally something will be done today but not. She tried to close the account but got the following French error message: Error de Cohérence (Mise à jour refusée). As per her saying the meaning of this message or why it is poping up on her screen is because NO BANK OF AFRICA CLIENTS CAN CLOSE HIS ACCOUNT BEFORE THE 15 OF EACH MONTH. So, I had to wait until December 15. And I have to wait another 30 days after the closure date for the account to be closed permanently.

The advertisement of bank of Africa known as BMCE is a lie.

Pièces jointes

• Untitled1.png
    Untitled1.png
    355.6 KB · Affichages: 2
Dernière édition: