english summer program

hi every body. i wonder if some one here can help. in fact, i'm interseted to take english summer program in alberta (edmonton-university of alberta- or calgary -calgary university) or toronto. so i need some tips from guys who already lived this experience or simply who has informations about the programs in these cities.
thanks for your help.

goodboy à dit:
hi every body. i wonder if some one here can help. in fact, i'm interseted to take english summer program in alberta (edmonton-university of alberta- or calgary -calgary university) or toronto. so i need some tips from guys who already lived this experience or simply who has informations about the programs in these cities.
thanks for your help.
what kind of summer program are you trying to apply for?

english program for international students. i want just to improve my english. especialy conversation and listening. that's why i want to take this program.

goodboy à dit:
english program for international students. i want just to improve my english. especialy conversation and listening. that's why i want to take this program.
Usually the majority of your class will be asian but living in an english speaking city will definitely help you emprove your English skills.

Make sure that the program is not a preparation for the CAEL test because they focus more on writing and reading.

Good luck

Most probably,the program will be TOFL=teaching english as a foreign language.
This program consists on two things:writing and listening.
For writing,you are going to study the grammar,comprehension and writing which is composition.
Second one is listening,which needs a good hearing and focus.
Before you go to that program,i suggest you should exercise at home,if you are in high school,you can use your manual and do the homework.
Grammar is quite difficult at the begining,but if you like the language ,you will take it seriousely,and you will be just fine!
When it comes to listening,the pronunciation is involved,if the (R) is omitted(not pronouned)then,it is british .If you can hear clearly the (R) then it is american.
I think this will do,if you need any help please don't hesitate to ask me.
Good luck.

goodboy à dit:
thanks for your help.

where r u from????

reveil à dit:
Most probably,the program will be TOFL=teaching english as a foreign language.
This program consists on two things:writing and listening.
For writing,you are going to study the grammar,comprehension and writing which is composition.
Second one is listening,which needs a good hearing and focus.
Before you go to that program,i suggest you should exercise at home,if you are in high school,you can use your manual and do the homework.
Grammar is quite difficult at the begining,but if you like the language ,you will take it seriousely,and you will be just fine!
When it comes to listening,the pronunciation is involved,if the (R) is omitted(not pronouned)then,it is british .If you can hear clearly the (R) then it is american.
I think this will do,if you need any help please don't hesitate to ask me.
Good luck.

If it's an ESL program in canada it will be, most probably a preparation for the CAEL test which is useless in his case since he wants to practise his listening and conversation. So it's important that he makes sure that the program focuses on what he wants.

thanks horizon and reveil for your advices. bu i guess that i find what i was looking for. in fact it's a governmental program named explor which aims to improve the billinguism in the Canada. so the participant profit from five-week intensive language-learning course in other provinces and receive a $1,900 bursary covering tuition fees for the course, instructional materials, meals, and accommodation.
i make this details may be they will be other persons who wil be intrested. so the link is www.jexplore.ca

for Kajol_Khol. i'm moroccan but i live in shebrooke

goodboy à dit:
thanks horizon and reveil for your advices. bu i guess that i find what i was looking for. in fact it's a governmental program named explor which aims to improve the billinguism in the Canada. so the participant profit from five-week intensive language-learning course in other provinces and receive a $1,900 bursary covering tuition fees for the course, instructional materials, meals, and accommodation.
i make this details may be they will be other persons who wil be intrested. so the link is www.jexplore.ca

for Kajol_Khol. i'm moroccan but i live in shebrooke

A friend of mine went last year to chikoutimi (sorry if I spelled it wrong) to learn french with the same program I guess nad she was vey satidfied. I hope it will be the same with you