Friends.com: How to Make Friends

by Friends.com

Making friends can be a difficult time for some people. But rest assured, here at Friends.com we have this process down!

The first thing you have to remember when trying to make friends, is always put your best food forward! It is important to always give a great first impression. By giving a big smile and a genuine introduction, people will automatically be drawn to you. These first few moments a person meets you will always be in the fore front of their mind, so make sure you show them the person you are as a friend.

After giving a good first impression, the next important step in making friends is reaching out. Take those first steps towards creating a friendship by calling your new friends, making plans, and following through. This will be very important in the beginning stages of a friendship. By giving ideas and making plans, you and your new friend will begin to hang out… aka start the process of becoming genuine friends.

After you and your new friend have hung out a couple times, and you still feel like you two make good friends, it is time to take your friendship a little bit further. Divulge a secret. Not a big secret, but something small to show your new friend you trust them. For example, maybe when you were little, you had a scary experience in the pool, and ever since you’ve never been very comfortable swimming. Even though your “secret” isn’t a big deal, the fact that you chose to tell this to your new friend will mean you like them, trust them, and want to continue a good friendship.

source: http://friends.com/how-to-make-friends

aka means also known as

Do you agree with the writer's opinion? Why and Why not?

The author tells us that making friends may not be easy for some people and describes for us the process of making new friends easily through the website: friends.com. First, we have to make sure that the first impression is there by smiling and introducing ourselves nicely and politely to create the connection and being likable by them. Second, once this connection was built, we have to reach out to them and make plans to hang out so often in order to make our friendship stronger. Finally, we have to share with them some secrets to show them that we trust them and want our good friendship to continue.

I do agree with the author's view because we are people and we have always needed friendship, we are social creatures, so we need to interact with other people. The first impression is important and then the verbal interaction and then hanging out and sharing personal things.

What do you think?

I do not agree with the author's view. The author says that the first impression is important when making new friends, I think sometimes people impress you at first time and then do or ask for something really stupid and dull. The author believes that we have to reach out to our new friends to strengthen the friendship, I think the opposite. By calling them all the time I feel like I am the only one who wants this friendship whereas the friendship should be from both sides. The author believes that in order to keep our friendship we have to share secrets, but I don't. Because I am not here to tell my life just because I want to make a new friend. Yeah, Yeah, friendship should be a naturel connection no flashy things and the talk should be simple about what we have on common. To me, this is the real process of making new friends.

what do you think?

Dernière édition:
Here is a YouTube video I, personally, find it very informative and a well-done presentation about Moroccan Arabic (Darija).

Here's Why Moroccan Arabic (Darija) is so Different from Modern Standard Arabic

Summarize the main idea of the this video and write what the speaker is telling us.

Do you find this video informative? Why and why not?

Perhaps we could say like this:

The speaker talks about the Moroccan Arabic dialect or the Darija. He tells us that the Darija is so different from Modern Standard Arabic language. He also tells us that the Darija is very difficult to be understood by Modern Arabic speakers because it is greatly influenced by Berber, French, and Spanish language.

He supports his main idea by providing us three examples. The first example, words in the Moroccan Arabic pronounced almost same like in standard Arabic language, for instance. M'adrassa (school), K'aawa (coffee), and Ketab (book). The second example where words are a bit different and still recognizable by the standard Arabic speakers. For instance, Dima (Always), S'maa (Sky), Sham'ss (Sun). The third example where words are completely different from standard Arabic words and hard to understand. For instance, Stylo (Pen), Formage (cheese), Kouzina (kitchen) whitch are mainly French words. And others from Spanish like : Semana (week), S'bee'tar (hospital). And still others words from Berber like: Sh'aal (how much), Atay (tea). The speaker believes that the Moroccan Arabic or the Darija is still within the Arabic language.