How assad’s enemies gave up on the syrian opposition

farid_h

<defunct>
Contributeur
This is a long, albeit very good recap of the Syrian War up to now by an influential American think-tank:

https://tcf.org/content/report/assads-enemies-gave-syrian-opposition/

I'm looking at @tadawit, @UNIVERSAL, @Orezz, @younes85 who are very active in the syria-related threads, but also at @PureMinded, @Southpaw, @cuty-pie, @Ebion, @mam80, @Hibou57, @Fitra, @Drianke and anyone interested in international politics, irrespective of the side they stand on (if any).

@tadawit: this is the kind of articles you benefit the most out of: they give more strategic perspective than the tactical day-to-day news-stream you're relaying.

Southpaw

Rebel without a Cause
Indeed. I was surprised that this thread got 0 replies so far, despite it being pretty interesting, IMHO. :D
We are here @farid_h.
I read your post but really didn't have much to say about the conclusion of this conflict cause to me it doesn't make sense to see Assad still standing with all the super powers of the west becoming indeferent.
Its very sad how this conflict ended up with Assad winning the war while Nato and the arabs turning their back on the real rebels who started this revolution
FSA.
That's how the war was lost.
The free syrian army was the most democratic solution to topple Assad if it got support from Nato's bombardment of Assad and his army but they chose to sit aside and watch the murderer Assad gazing women and children of his own people and still no reaction.
With FSA the syrians had a hope, but once Nato went short on its full support daesh and nosra showed up on the fighting field with their own agenda and all hell broke loose.
The west turned their back on FSA and that's how the war was lost.
Assad could have been the next kaddafi dead in some sewer with the help of Nato Air strikes and a coalition of arab armies backing FSA.
Shame on them.

It's not too late to redeem themselves if they enter the war now and the russians can do nothing about it unless they want to start WW3.
The west has to back and recontruct FSA but they must enter the war with their Air stiles and a coalition of arab troups backing FSA.
That's the only solution to free syria from the Assassin Assad.
Otherwise syria is doomed.

Hi,
Rebels fractions of the South have always a support american as in the North with SDF which is a terrorist organization according several countries.