One year since trump's election

Ebion

Ça a l'air que je suis l'esclave da partida
VIB
Any thought about the year that has elapsed since Trump got in?

I'm quite happy about one thing : he failed to shake the foundations of American democracy and the media. The mainstream media are every bit as critical of him as they were one year ago. And he keeps losing support from pillars of the Right, like W. Bush lately. And the Congress is not very cooperative.

At the same time, I'm appalled by his mishandling of diplomacy. He has upset his historical allies, he was harsh toward Iran and Cuba, but his biggest failure is the North Korean crisis. We are closer to a nuclear war than at any time since 1989, and it is so because Trump is as conceited, stubborn, rash and dumb as Kim Jong Un.

DiamondBlaze

Family Over Everything
VIB
@Ebion @etre2en1
Indeed all that we have left is the fourth estate (media). And we have the dummy and the miserable in our country to thank for the approval rating of 35% that he still has ...These people have nothing to loose and would vote for the devil if they only had the chance...
There is not a week that goes by without him signing one of his stupid executive orders to ruin the environment, the wildlife, the economy......to undermine consumer rights...We are in big trouble..
2018 seems so far away ..

A

AncienMembre

Non connecté
Trump will get impeached in few months in 2018 during the mid election in Congress and the Senate.
No one likes him even the slobs who voted for him.
No worries,
just another asshol in the white house and we had many.

That's also what I'm expecting.

This first year has been (unsurprisingly) a total circus.

I don't how this craziness can last for 3 more years *FacePalm*

Mr. Trump, in my view, isn't the problem. He is rather the symptom of a larger problem in US and globally and when the media is critical of him, the same media is also making a sheep of the average Joes. I encourage you to live a year or two in another country to see the arrogance and the false American claim which to die for freedom that they actually don't have and more.

America, generally, is a nation of idiots, arrogant idiots, idiots who do not know that they are idiots. Right now 1 in 10 people are unemployed and 2 in 10 are underemployed. Solutions? invade other country under false pretense, steal poor nations resources, destroy more homes, create more orphans and refugees, yah idiots Americans are so fuking generous by destroying your country and then allowing you in or giving you shit to eat. I can go on and on and on. But you know. Use your fukin brain, open your eyez, be real and see what will happen to you and how idiots will treat you. Got paged, have to go.

Southpaw

Rebel without a Cause
America, generally, is a nation of idiots, arrogant idiots, idiots who do not know that they are idiots. Right now 1 in 10 people are unemployed and 2 in 10 are underemployed. Solutions? invade other country under false pretense, steal poor nations resources, destroy more homes, create more orphans and refugees, yah idiots Americans are so fuking generous by destroying your country and then allowing you in or giving you shit to eat. I can go on and on and on. But you know. Use your fukin brain, open your eyez, be real and see what will happen to you and how idiots will treat you. Got paged, have to go.
You must be in deep pain and depressed not to live the American Dream.
You are playing for the wrong team and you your frustration is understandable to see an American MRE driving fancy cars with beautiful wife and beautiful kids while you have no job.
The American Dream Lives depends on you education, skills or hard work.
And your statistics are a big lie and misleading.
Boston is not Mississippi.
New york is not Missouri.
Chicago is not Idaho.
Denver is not Wyoming.
You got the picture.
It depends on the state you live in .
Jobs are not scarce but for hard working people only and not for lazy drunks or junkies or theives who look for a free ride.
Welcome to America.

You must be in deep pain and depressed not to live the American Dream.
You are playing for the wrong team and you your frustration is understandable to see an American MRE driving fancy cars with beautiful wife and beautiful kids while you have no job.
The American Dream Lives depends on you education, skills or hard work.
And your statistics are a big lie and misleading.
Boston is not Mississippi.

You see, you too, just confirmed my accusation. I am ,sir, neither depressed not unemployed , I left US and my job on my own to retire to Morocco at very early age. I invite you to Rabat to see how beautiful and truly loved Moroccan children living in Morocco are, Moroccan women, Moroccan villas facing the ocean, surrounded by Palm, trees and cool Atlantic ocean breeze, Hummers, BMWx6, latest edition of Range Rovers, Porches 4x4 are among the cars Moroccans are diving, now, in Morocco. I'm now in US with my wife visiting friends and family we cannot wait to go back to Morocco. Hope you are happy with your family in US and I hope you stop assuming too. Happy holidayz.

You see, you too, just confirmed my accusation. I am neither depressed nor unemployed . I left US and my job on my own to retire to Morocco at very early age. Wish you learn to stop assuming. I invite you to Rabat to see for yourself, Moroccan children, Moroccan women, Moroccan couple, Moroccan food, Moroccan villa facing the ocean surrounded by palm trees and cool Atlantic ocean breeze. Hummers, BMWX6, Range Rovers, Porches 4x4 are among the cars Moroccan are driving in Morocco. I am now in US with my wife visiting and cannot wait to go back to Morocco. Hope you are happy with your family in US and elsewhere, happy holidayz.

Southpaw

Rebel without a Cause
You see, you too, just confirmed my accusation. I am neither depressed nor unemployed . I left US and my job on my own to retire to Morocco at very early age. Wish you learn to stop assuming. I invite you to Rabat to see for yourself, Moroccan children, Moroccan women, Moroccan couple, Moroccan food, Moroccan villa facing the ocean surrounded by palm trees and cool Atlantic ocean breeze. Hummers, BMWX6, Range Rovers, Porches 4x4 are among the cars Moroccan are driving in Morocco. I am now in US with my wife visiting and cannot wait to go back to Morocco. Hope you are happy with your family in US and elsewhere, happy holidayz.
Your accusations are full of lies and hate towards people who are the nicest in this planet.
Americans might be naive but not stupid or idiots.
Who landed on the moon ?
Neil Armstrong. and Buzz Aldrin and not
Mohamed 5 like a legend of uneducated people once claimed.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_11
And you're talking about fancy cars in Rabat of corrupt uneducated and uncivilized money hungry mongers of the poor.
Stay in your cage in Rabat looking at the ocean like Balimako looking at the ocean from a palm tree in Africa.

Sir, what didn't you understand? or do you have difficulties understanding? Sir, US may land on the moon, but they have no moral high ground when they bomb a country and then ban its refugees.
Sir, dehumanizing, in your mind, life out of US, doesn't make you right or US patriot. Life is paradise here. Each day, I surf, or run by the ocean with my wife and our dog.
We own one bedroom condo in downtown Chicago ( near Mr. Trump's Tower) which we are renting because we couldn't seal it due to a dead housing market in Chicago. and More, most of my class mates have their own practices where I am more than welcome to work for them cause I was good at what I did. Also I am more than welcome to pick up a shift or two on call at my old job, but none of this entice me. I love the oceanic life. Now if you don't want to understand, and still want to fight this empty battle, go ahead and fight it alone. Happy holdyaz to all the members including you Sir.

Dernière édition:

farid_h

<defunct>
Contributeur
Let me play the Devil's Advocate for the sake of debate (eventhough I disagree personally with almost everything he has done so far).

There is no denying that he actually stands by his words and that he is implementing his electoral promises, one by one, systematically, and with persistance. We may be distressed by how obsessively he is rolling back everything that Obama has achieved, even the many positive things... basically playing Demolition Man. But this is precisely how democracy is supposed to work: if a majority so intensely resents a policy, it is entitled to vote someone in to turn it upside-down, inside-out and to tear it apart. Nothing holds forever, unless people want to cling to it. And nothing is more corrosive to democracy than politicians not standing by their promises, and voters deciding for themselves not to vote nor to participate in elections, townhall meetings etc. anymore.

If we liberal-minded have one lesson to learn from the Trumps of this world, then it is to get off our lazy bums, stand up and fight for our ideals, and get to the voting booths and polling stations on Election Tuesday, or, like the Brits recently, on Referendum Day. The populists ain't winning because they are so much better, we are losing (ground) because we assumed that the world is our oyster, and because we forgot to get out and reclaim it.