Reactions of the moroccans of the united states after the election of president trump

Hello, I would like to know if there is Moroccan people in irregular situation or in the process of regularization in the United States. I would like to know how you lived globally the election of President Trump. If it was a good or bad news for you, if the character of Trump frightens you? And Why? If it changes anything in your everyday life? If you were already forbidden by entrance or if you know people who were repressed? I also send this message to the Moroccans who know people in the United States and who would be ready to answer. Thank you very much!

But most Moroccans living in US live under the pretense of being French or Jew rather than being Moroccan Arabs or Muslims. So I don't think you will get many reliable views here. However, Personally, I lived in US post 9/11 terrorist attack and I was openly living as Moroccan but not religious. I remember, my Gay female boss attempting many times to fire me accusing me of many untrue things such as, not respecting my female co workers and such, but her boss didn't believe her either because she knew that females were always on top of me. I stayed at my job til 2012 when I retired voluntarily to Morocco..... Why don't you commence by telling us Your personal experience under Mr. Trump presidency, if you live in US, Ms Fadwaab?

I do not live in the United States but this subject is very interesting to discuss. Since the election of Trump, we don't know how the Moroccan people in US feel about it , if they feel threatened? If there are cases of students which were repressed?

I do not live in the United States but this subject is very interesting to discuss. Since the election of Trump, we don't know how the Moroccan people in US feel about it , if they feel threatened? If there are cases of students which were repressed?

Mr. Trump isn't only against minorities, his views are also not well liked among many other Americans. Some Moroccans living in US are well established and are excellent at what they do. They are Teachers , Doctors, nurses, pharmacist, space engineers, taxi drivers, dishwashers. How they are treated under Trump's presidency will have to depend largely on who they work for and them too. Regarding granting or denying visas to new Moroccans to come to US will be hard to assess without seeing a verifiable official document. I think. I want to hear more views on your topic from other members.

What do you mean by official document ?

Like a memo from Washington DC sent to US consulate in Casablanca dictating the number of visas the consular should grant to Moroccan national, (or something similar). And also which ( the memo) authorizes the homeland security to deny Moroccans entry into US.

Ebion

Ça a l'air que je suis l'esclave da partida
VIB
Maybe it's just me, but I don't think Morocco is near the top of the security threats The US government is currently concerned with!

farid_h

<defunct>
Contributeur
Well, from my experience in Colorado, I haven't seen any problems caused by Trump. Sure, we're Bernie Sanders territory here, but still... As I've just said in the other thread, The Donald is all Hat, but no Cattle. Big mouth, but nothing substantial behind his facade. And where he really wanted to show his teeth (not against Moroccans, but against a couple of other nationals like Iranians etc.), he failed miserably. It was a true delight to seem him throw a fit tamper tantrums against the Justices who blocked his beloved "initiative", lol. :D