Rip peter o'toole

Hopkins

Problem Child
salam

triste nouvelle pour les amoureux du 7ème art: Peter O'toole n'est plus :(

Source BBC:
Actor Peter O'Toole, who starred in Sir David Lean's 1962 film classic Lawrence of Arabia, died on Saturday aged 81, his agent has said.

He was being treated at London's Wellington hospital after a long illness, his agent added.

O'Toole's daughter Kate said the family was overwhelmed "by the outpouring of real love and affection being expressed towards him, and to us".

He received an honorary Oscar in 2003, having initially turned it down.

In a letter the actor asked the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences to delay it until he was 80, saying he was "still in the game and might win the bugger outright".

Riotous behaviour
O'Toole's agent said he was "one of a kind in the very best sense and a giant in his field".

The Irish-born star got his big break when Sir David cast him as British adventurer T E Lawrence.

Lawrence of Arabia earned him the first of eight Oscar nominations, with others coming for such films as Becket, The Lion in Winter and Goodbye, Mr Chips.

Other performances included leading Shakespearean parts, comic roles in adaptations of PG Wodehouse and his famed starring role in Keith Waterhouse's stage play Jeffrey Bernard Is Unwell.

O'Toole also had a reputation for riotous behaviour following bouts of drinking, but in the mid-70s he was diagnosed with pancreatitis and was warned by medics that more alcohol would prove fatal.

He had yards of his intestinal tubing - "most of my plumbing" - removed and he gave up drinking.

"If you can't do something willingly and joyfully, then don't do it,'' he once said. "If you give up drinking, don't go moaning about it; go back on the bottle. Do. As. Thou. Wilt."

Last July, after a career spanning 50 years and at the age of 79, O'Toole said he was retiring from the stage and screen.

"I bid the profession a dry-eyed and profoundly grateful farewell," he said.

"The heart for it has gone out of me. It won't come back".

However, last month it was announced he was being lined up for a role as a Roman orator in Katherine of Alexandria, a film scheduled for release next year.

mam80

la rose et le réséda
Modérateur
Peter O'Toole, la fin de l'aventure

L'inoubliable interprète de Lawrence d'Arabie est décédé samedi à 81 ans.

Sa carrière cinématographique en dents de scie occulte de grands rôles au théâtre.

Ses yeux bleu métallique pouvaient paraître tantôt ardents, tantôt glacials.
Peter O'Toole savait jouer les poètes comme les psychopathes.
L'inoubliable interprète de Lawrence d'Arabie est mort samedi, à Londres, des suites d'une longue maladie.
Il avait 81 ans et repoussé une première fois un cancer de l'estomac dans les années 1970.
Ce Britannique excentrique, fils d'un bookmaker irlandais, né dans le Connemara, ancien marin lors
d'un service militaire tumultueux dans la Royal Navy, ancien journaliste à 14 ans au Yorkshire Evening
News, avait roulé sa bosse au début des années 1950 avant d'intégrer l'école et la troupe du Old Vic Theatre
où il accède vite aux rôles principaux.

http://www.lefigaro.fr/cinema/2013/...G00193-peter-o-toole-la-fin-de-l-aventure.php

mam

Jelis

VIB

Pièces jointes

• Lawrence-d-Arabie-R-I-P.jpg
    Lawrence-d-Arabie-R-I-P.jpg
    51.8 KB · Affichages: 31