Taghazout’s best surf spots that Moroccans should visit more often!!!

How To Get To Surf Berbere​

Agadir Al Massira airport is our nearest airport (Agadir only has one airport for international travel, so sometimes it is just called Agadir Airport).

To see who flies to us, just check skyscanner, it will show up the cheapest options for getting to us.
Here are the journey times from our nearest airports:
Agadir Airport: 55 minutes drive
Marrakech Airport: 3 hours and 30 minutes drive
Essaouira Airport: 2 hours and 30 minutes drive
We can do taxi pickups from all of these airports, rates below:
Agadir Airport: 300dhs (roughly £22)
Marrakech Airport: 1200dhs (roughly £85)
Essaouira Airport: 700dhs (roughly £50)
If you’d like us to organise your pickup, just enter in the flight info when making a booking.
We share the cost of the trip between everyone coming in on the same flight, so if you are coming in on the easyjet flight to Agadir, then often the airport transfer will be just £5 – £10.

Can I get a bus to Taghazout or Agadir and get a lift from there?​

Absolutely!

From Marrakech there are CTM and Supratours buses that depart from Marrakech every hour. Follow these simple steps for getting to Agadir from Marrakech.
1. Hop in a petit taxi from the airport (or wherever you are in Marrakech) to “gare routiere”. 50dhs for the taxi.
2. Buy a ticket with Supratours or CTM to Agadir. 105dhs per person for the 3 hour journey.
3. Give us a call on 00212 528 200 290 when you know what time you’ll arrive and we’ll arrange a pick up from Agadir for you that costs just 100dhs.
Easy!
From Essaouira, you can catch the bus to Agadir and if you speak nicely to the driver you can ask him to drop you off in Taghazout as the bus goes through the village on it’s way to Agadir. Failing that, just ring us on 00212 528 200 290 and we’ll get someone to come and get you from the Agadir bus station.
From Casablanca, it is advisable to get an internal flight to Agadir as the journey time on the trains and buses is about 7 hours. If you are not pressed for time, then you should get a train from the airport (the train station is joined to Casa Airport). This takes you to Marrakech, a short 100m walk from the train station is the Supratours bus station. Then follow the steps above!

How do I book an Agadir Airport pickup?​

Very simple, when you make the booking, you can enter in your flight arrival information for us to have someone waiting for you at the airport to bring you to Taghazout. The pickup from Agadir airport is 300dhs (roughly £22) but we split this fare between everyone coming in on the same flight, so it works out very cheap to get to us.

If you don’t have your flight information at the time of booking, just e-mail us afterwards with the flight arrival information when you have it and we’ll add it to the system to ensure you get a pickup.
You can also ask the driver if he wouldn’t mind stopping off at Carrefour on the way through if you’d like to pick up some beers or wine etc. He will do this at no extra cost to you.
Any problems, just ring our office on 00212 528 200 290.

How do I book an Agadir bus station pickup?​

Very easy, if you know well in advance your bus departure time from Marrakech, then e-mail us with your bus company name (CTM or Supratours) and the departure time and we’ll add 3 hours on to this for the journey time. Then you will see a driver waiting for you at the bus station with a Surf Berbere sign ready for you.

If you are booking a bus ticket last minute, then please ring our office on 00212 528 200 290 and let them know the departure time so that we can be 100% sure to have the driver waiting for you.

Can I make my own way to Surf Berbere?​

Sometimes people hire a car or have organised a lift. This is absolutely fine, just take a look at the map below to get an idea of where we are and take down our office phone number if you get lost: 00212 528 200 290.

Our office hours are between 8am and 8pm, so if you can try and organise to get to us between these times that is really helpful. Generally we try and avoid any arrivals after midnight unless we are organising the transport. We have had too many sleepless nights waiting for guests to arrive only to hear that they have got lost on the way. So please if you are planning on arriving later than 8pm, use our transport options!

How do I get to Taghazout from Marrakech​

There are a few easy ways to get to Taghazout from Marrakech.

Option 1) A taxi direct, this is 1200dhs and takes 3.5hrs.
Option 2) Get a ‘petit taxi’ to the bus station in Marrakech and get a bus down to Agadir bus station. Then we can get a taxi to come and collect you from Agadir bus station (for 100dhs). Bus tickets are 110dhs with CTM and Supratours (both with regular services).
Option 3) Check out the new transport company Souk To Surf as they are doing runs directly from Marrakech to Taghazout for a fraction of the cost of a bus, use promo code: BERBERE to get a discount.
Option 4) Hire a car. Sometimes the car rentals will let you leave the hire car at a different airport to the town you picked up from.

A nice story to read:

Yip it's a tajine! Morocco, I'm back!
A lovely long Christmas break begs for some winter sun so a bargain flight via Ryanair brought me to Marrakesh on the 29th of December. The flight touched down in the week old Marrakech-Menara airport at 8pm so an overnight was needed before the trek to the coast. I stayed at Equity-Point Hostel. It's a fine hostel at the centre of the medina, of course it takes about 7 self-appointed guides to get there but it served it's purpose for the night. I even squeezed in a dinner in the night market for old times sake.

The next day was spent on a pleasant 4 hour bus journey with Supratours Bus. Then with a pick up from Surf Berbere the holiday had truly begun!
I had stayed in Surf Berbere after touring Morocco in the summer of 2015 and knew it was the ideal spot to practice my surfing and chill out over the Christmas holidays.
There was a great mix of people coming and going over the 9 days I stayed there and I would definitely recommend it for a solo traveler. There were families, couples, groups of friends and many others traveling solo. The atmosphere and general vibe was as good as ever. (In fairness, with the sea pounding against the building lulling you to sleep- you cannot help being chilled!)
I got the yoga/surf week package which included breakfast and dinners each night, 5 surf lessons with gear and lunch and 5 yoga sessions. I added on two extra nights of b and b and had dinner out those two nights for about €10 each night.
I found the surf instructors to be excellent, very diligent and keen to ensure we all progressed. It cannot be an easy job for them with new guests arriving every day at every level of ability.
Each surf day started from 8am with breakfast in the Berbere cafe right on the waves. Then up to the surf shop to get your board, suits and load up the vans. Then the search for waves began! We'd park up, have a coffee and wait. Then into the water for the two hour surf lesson. Lunch was delivered at noon to us on the beach from the surf camp and then the afternoon stretched ahead for more surfing or a spot of sunbathing. Bliss!
We took a day trip to Imsouane which was class, a really cool fishing village.

If you're looking for a great value, chilled out break with winter sun, you definitely cannot go wrong with Taghazout and Surf Berbere. I will be returning again and that I suppose is the best recommendation!

img-3176_orig.jpg