Grand taxi

Is it a safe for me, to take Grand Taxi and alone from Airport Mohamed V Casablanca to Rabat ( after 14 hours flight). I need you to chat to me solely about the safety issue please. Not the price, nothing else. Just how safe it is for me to take a Grand Taxi from Airport Mohamed V to Rabat alone, tired and with 5 bags, next February 2012. Thank you very much in advance for your help and time.

Come on guys, we're not talking about Detroit here or some extremely hazardous planet, it's Casablanca. I personnaly landed on Mohammed V International Airport last december and the taxi drivers seemed sheerful to me.
Don't worry fellow, cab drivers in Casablanca dont carry handguns, you will just have to pay around 600 dh (not sure) for the trip to Rabat :D

Have a nice stay!

Come on guys, we're not talking about Detroit here or some extremely hazardous planet, it's Casablanca. I personnaly landed on Mohammed V International Airport last december and the taxi drivers seemed sheerful to me.
Don't worry fellow, cab drivers in Casablanca dont carry handguns, you will just have to pay around 600 dh (not sure) for the trip to Rabat :D

Have a nice stay!

Thank you for your comment. Yes. I will pay him for the cost of the 6 seats from casablanca to Rabat and perhaps + tips. I am mostly concerned with my safety as I have never undergone something like this before.

It's understandable to be worried when you go to a country so far away from home, it's human nature!

However, i'm sure everything is going to be fine, and by the end of your arrival day, you will be lying on a moroccan couch and smile while recalling how smoothly everything went ;)

It's understandable to be worried when you go to a country so far away from home, it's human nature!

However, i'm sure everything is going to be fine, and by the end of your arrival day, you will be lying on a moroccan couch and smile while recalling how smoothly everything went ;)

I am Moroccan, but sadly, I do not know Morocco very well. However, I Will keep you posted on how it goes. Thank you.

The only other practical option I am left with here is, to rent a car. But will see how I feel after the 14 hours flight, and driving in Morocco. But I appreciate your help, alot. Thank You.

Well you could always rent a camel. I hear they've got specials this time of year. 14 hour flight ( i suppose with stopovers, cause there are no 14 hour flights arriving in Casablanca )? You don't sleep on planes?

Do not worry very low risk with grand taxi except the way he is driving his taxi, some are good drivers & some are very dangerous.
It is the best way to reach Rabat, rather than train, but it is a little bit expensive around 600 dhs. The price is shown at the taxi area in front of Airport. Do not pay more.
I will add to ask the driver to take motorway between Casa and Rabat and you will pay the toll.To avoid around 30 dhs of the toll they take normal route which is very slow and less secure.

Do not worry very low risk with grand taxi except the way he is driving his taxi, some are good drivers & some are very dangerous.
It is the best way to reach Rabat, rather than train, but it is a little bit expensive around 600 dhs. The price is shown at the taxi area in front of Airport. Do not pay more.
I will add to ask the driver to take motorway between Casa and Rabat and you will pay the toll.To avoid around 30 dhs of the toll they take normal route which is very slow and less secure.

Thank you for your succinct and clear answer. I am primarily concerned with getting to Rabat safely, and not really worried about paying a bit extra for the trip.