how you learned english?

farid_h

<defunct>
Contributeur
i read stories in english
o listen to english music all the time
but i wanna improve my level
i wanna become be able to understand what i hear in a film in english

How about chatting on the net? Start in a chatroom, newsgroup, forum, mailing list and what not, and then, when you get more comfortable in writing, ask people if they'd like to talk via Skype or VoIP...

you can just speak with us here and your english will be better
a lot of people on bladi have a good english
so i think they can correct you if you make a mistake

(you can't say "not pb" but "no pb") ;)

farid_h

<defunct>
Contributeur
cuz.........
i want to buy some stories in english can u help me??

Well, before you spend money on stories, you should really have a look at the stories of P.G. and other repositories of free stories you can download and read at home.

By the way, do you have some special preferences? What kind of stories would you like to read? I mean, what genres are you interested in? Criminal stories? Science Fiction? Romance? Non-fiction?

Oh, and don't forget to read newspapers as well. You could start at a news aggregator site like http://news.google.com/ and pick the U.S. or U.K. section and start reading random articles here and there. It helps too, and you'll see that you can very quickly pick up real-world English very fast. For sure, it ain't Shakespeare or Keats, but it helps too.

Well, before you spend money on stories, you should really have a look at the stories of P.G. and other repositories of free stories you can download and read at home.

By the way, do you have some special preferences? What kind of stories would you like to read? I mean, what genres are you interested in? Criminal stories? Science Fiction? Romance? Non-fiction?

Oh, and don't forget to read newspapers as well. You could start at a news aggregator site like http://news.google.com/ and pick the U.S. or U.K. section and start reading random articles here and there. It helps too, and you'll see that you can very quickly pick up real-world English very fast. For sure, it ain't Shakespeare or Keats, but it helps too.

you have a very good english
do you live in England ? (England because it's the country which is close to France or maybe an other one ?)

And yes it's a good idea
the2holy : don't spend your money in stories, you can find a lot of free articles on the internet
and when you want to look for something you can use www.google.co.uk (the english google)

farid_h

<defunct>
Contributeur
you have a very good english
do you live in England ? (England because it's the country which is close to France or maybe an other one ?)

Thank you. ;)

Actually, I live part-time in the US (Colorado, 60 miles south of Denver) and in Germany (30 miles from Cologne); spending approx 4 to 8 months per year in every country... since 1986 when I left Morocco to study abroad.

Thank you. ;)

Actually, I live part-time in the US (Colorado, 60 miles south of Denver) and in Germany (30 miles from Cologne); spending approx 4 to 8 months per year in every country... since 1986 when I left Morocco to study abroad.

Great !
you were born in Morocco and now you speak english and german i think
you are an example
Well done !

but I had ten years of english learning behind me (sicko) and believe me or not, I was good (good marks) and I wasn't able to communicate. It only helps me to know how to write.

farid_h

<defunct>
Contributeur
I became bilingual thanks to a trip in Toronto. I truly think a year in an english country is better than ten years of theorical learning...

Yup, there's no better way than to mingle with the natives! :D

Anyone who can afford to spend a few months in an English speaking country should by all means do so. It comes quite naturally, especially if you have no other choice. ;)

My English is not completed.
I learnt English at school but I had capacities(measures) to learn English easily, thanks to the music, thanks to the series in original version.