Moroccans in Texas?

Hi guys,

I already created this post a few weeks ago in the General section of Bladi, but anyway I think it'll be better here!

In a few words, I'm settling in Houston, TX next month inchallah! I was just wondering if some Bladinauts live there and could give me some advice about the life they live. Maybe we could also meet one day in some cool place.

Thanks, have a goodday!

I'm from belgium and some of my maroccans friends go there and open an restaurant near Dallas, if you want I' can give you their restaurant and meet them. They told me the life is better there and they never come back to Belgium. their salary is better than europe.

I'm from belgium and some of my maroccans friends go there and open an restaurant near Dallas, if you want I' can give you their restaurant and meet them. They told me the life is better there and they never come back to Belgium. their salary is better than europe.

Yeah, I believe you Marya, I don't know Texans a lot to generalize but the few ones I met in Houston are in LOVE with Morocco... Especially Moroccan cuisine!

Thank you very much, I'd really appreciate if you sent me their address by MP it would be great! I don't live in Dallas but anyway, I'll certainly go there to visit!

I don't know about the quality of life, but you absolutely right too about money, there's a HUGE difference between Europe and Texas!

DiamondBlaze

Family Over Everything
VIB
I don't live in Texas but what I can tell you is that this state is of the few states to have witnessed a boom in its economy .

Also they give me the impression of being hospitable , particularly religious .....and they have no tolerance for crime hence the expression " Don't mess with Texas " .

Flanders

Life is a beach :)
They set up their own business, so they don't have salaries but turnover and profits! :cool:

Yeah, I believe you Marya, I don't know Texans a lot to generalize but the few ones I met in Houston are in LOVE with Morocco... Especially Moroccan cuisine!

Thank you very much, I'd really appreciate if you sent me their address by MP it would be great! I don't live in Dallas but anyway, I'll certainly go there to visit!

I don't know about the quality of life, but you absolutely right too about money, there's a HUGE difference between Europe and Texas!
Don't go into jumping into conclusions or making overgeneralization, it depends on the type of job, and on which country in Europe you are dealing with.
For instance, salaries are way higher in Luxemburg, in Switzerland, in Norway or in others European countries than in Texas or elsewhere in the US.

Furthermore, you shouldn't focus on gross salary, but include all the rest (insurance, retirement, health, etc...) to get a fair comparison...

Flanders

Life is a beach :)
Hi guys,

I already created this post a few weeks ago in the General section of Bladi, but anyway I think it'll be better here!

In a few words, I'm settling in Houston, TX next month inchallah! I was just wondering if some Bladinauts live there and could give me some advice about the life they live. Maybe we could also meet one day in some cool place.

Thanks, have a goodday!
I don't know Houston, but I was in Dallas a few times.
I felt like in a small town actually... (I only lived in Paris and NYC before, which might perhaps account for that...)

I don't live in Texas but what I can tell you is that this state is of the few states to have witnessed a boom in its economy .

Also they give me the impression of being hospitable , particularly religious .....and they have no tolerance for crime hence the expression " Don't mess with Texas " .

Yes, there many oil companies here and the city is growing fastly.
I didn't met a lot of pure texans yet but as you say they seems to be nice, religious and easy to talk with.
However, the criminality rate is very high. There are many areas which I avoid to bo to. I care about my safety :)