The end of the american dream(ers)?

farid_h

<defunct>
Contributeur
So what do you think of DJT's decision to end DACA and give Congress and Senate 6 months to come up with a resolution of the DREAMers' plight?

Sure, the DREAMers are not to blame nor to punish for the sins of their parents. If I were Congress, I'd pass a law to have them all naturalized, and, at the same time to put an end to turning a blind eye to future illegal immigration.

The current status quo is bad for all but ruthless employers who profit off the legal limbo of the DREAMers to get them to work for abusively low wages because they need the jobs to stay. Slavery 2.0.

Ending this questionable status would be the right thing for Congress to do... by being generous, i.e. NOT by extending DACA, but by making those kids who grew up here Americans once and for all.

UNIVERSAL

---lcdcjve---
VIB
So what do you think of DJT's decision to end DACA and give Congress and Senate 6 months to come up with a resolution of the DREAMers' plight?

Sure, the DREAMers are not to blame nor to punish for the sins of their parents. If I were Congress, I'd pass a law to have them all naturalized, and, at the same time to put an end to turning a blind eye to future illegal immigration.

The current status quo is bad for all but ruthless employers who profit off the legal limbo of the DREAMers to get them to work for abusively low wages because they need the jobs to stay. Slavery 2.0.

Ending this questionable status would be the right thing for Congress to do... by being generous, i.e. NOT by extending DACA, but by making those kids who grew up here Americans once and for all.
Je suis pour le droit du sol. Je trouve inhumain de faire payer à des enfants les errements de leurs parents.

Je suis pour le droit du sol. Je trouve inhumain de faire payer à des enfants les errements de leurs parents.

Je ne comprend pas ce que tu dis. Les USA appliquent le droit du sol. Je dirais même qu'ils l'appliquent plus que le droit du sang.

La France applique le double droit du sol et applique à 100% le droit du sang.

Aux USA si tu es né aux USA (sauf si tu es enfant de diplomates en fonction) tu es automatiquement citoyen USA. Même si tu es né sur un bateau ou avion battant pavillon USA.
Si tu es enfant d'un citoyen américain et que tu né hors des USA tu es citoyen USA SI: un de tes parents peut prouver qu'il/elle a résidé aux USA pendant 4 ans. Si tes grand parents sont citoyen USA tu n'est pas citoyen USA d'office....

En France si quelqu'un dans ton ascendance direct est français... tu es automatiquement français..
Si un de tes ascendants est né en France et toi tu es né en France tu es français par double droit du sol....

UNIVERSAL

---lcdcjve---
VIB
Je ne comprend pas ce que tu dis. Les USA appliquent le droit du sol. Je dirais même qu'ils l'appliquent plus que le droit du sang.

La France applique le double droit du sol et applique à 100% le droit du sang.

Aux USA si tu es né aux USA (sauf si tu es enfant de diplomates en fonction) tu es automatiquement citoyen USA. Même si tu es né sur un bateau ou avion battant pavillon USA.
Si tu es enfant d'un citoyen américain et que tu né hors des USA tu es citoyen USA SI: un de tes parents peut prouver qu'il/elle a résidé aux USA pendant 4 ans. Si tes grand parents sont citoyen USA tu n'est pas citoyen USA d'office....

En France si quelqu'un dans ton ascendance direct est français... tu es automatiquement français..
Si un de tes ascendants est né en France et toi tu es né en France tu es français par double droit du sol....
Salam alicemoitronkil,
J'ai cru comprendre que Trump voulait rembarrer les sans papiers qui sont nées au Us :(

A

AncienMembre

Non connecté
Salam alicemoitronkil,
J'ai cru comprendre que Trump voulait rembarrer les sans papiers qui sont nées au Us :(

Non en fait il veut rembarrer toutes les personnes qui ont bénéficié du programme DACA, qui est un programme d'immigration instauré sous l'administration Obama. Ce programme consistai a rendre éligible a l'immigration des personnes (et/ou leurs enfants) fuyant des guerres/catastrophes naturelle/etc.

La majorités (+90%)des concernés sont arrivé aux USA étant enfants/jeunes, ont été scolarisé, on un emploi, une voiture, une maison, et les États-Unis sont souvent le seul pays qu'ils connaissent vraiment ...

Cette petite counnasse de Trump et ses amis veulent faire croire que c'était un programme illégale signé par le méchant Obama bla bla bla anticonstitutionnel bla bla bla

Mais la vérité, c'est qu'il s'agit en majorité de Latino. Et Trump est un Nazillon.

Salam alicemoitronkil,

Impossible s'ils sont nés au USA ils ont les même droits que Trump, y compris le droit de devenir un jour Président des USA.
La constitution est claire:
Article XIV (Amendment 14 - Rights Guaranteed: Privileges and Immunities of Citizenship, Due Process, and Equal Protection)
1: All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Pour changer un amendement de la constitution, il lui faudrait 2/3 du Sénat, et 2/3 de la Chambre des représentants qui votent pour changer l'amendement... Dans ce cas et aujourd'hui c'est quasiment impossible.

Southpaw

Rebel without a Cause
Salam alicemoitronkil,
Once you are born in the US, you are automatically American.
As for the parents if illegal, they can still get deported according to federal law.
But not their kids born in the US.
As for the dreamers, they are as illegal as their parents.
They have to go through the same process as others.
You enter the country illegally, you are considered illegal even if you are 6 months old.

UNIVERSAL

---lcdcjve---
VIB
Non en fait il veut rembarrer toutes les personnes qui ont bénéficié du programme DACA, qui est un programme d'immigration instauré sous l'administration Obama. Ce programme consistai a rendre éligible a l'immigration des personnes (et/ou leurs enfants) fuyant des guerres/catastrophes naturelle/etc.

La majorités (+90%)des concernés sont arrivé aux USA étant enfants, ont été scolarisé, on un emploi, une voiture, une maison, et les États-Unis sont souvent le seul pays qu'ils connaissent vraiment ...

Cette petite counnasse de Trump et ses amis veulent faire croire que c'était un programme illégale signé par le méchant Obama bla bla bla anticonstitutionnel bla bla bla

Mais la vérité, c'est qu'il s'agit en majorité de Latino. Et Trump est un Nazillon.
Salam PureMinded,
De l’esbroufe, si ils sont rentrés de façon l'égale, ils ne peut pas les expulser.
L'accuser de nazillon c'est faire injure aux victimes du nazisme.

UNIVERSAL

---lcdcjve---
VIB
Impossible s'ils sont nés au USA ils ont les même droits que Trump, y compris le droit de devenir un jour Président des USA.
La constitution est claire:
Article XIV (Amendment 14 - Rights Guaranteed: Privileges and Immunities of Citizenship, Due Process, and Equal Protection)
1: All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Pour changer un amendement de la constitution, il lui faudrait 2/3 du Sénat, et 2/3 de la Chambre des représentants qui votent pour changer l'amendement... Dans ce cas et aujourd'hui c'est quasiment impossible.
J'ai mal compris, merci pour les précisions.

UNIVERSAL

---lcdcjve---
VIB
As for the parents if illegal, they can still get deported according to federal law.
You enter the country illegally, you are considered illegal even if you are 6 months old.
Thank you mister..je me suis fait avoir par la propagande anti trumpiste.
Je suis coupable :indigne:

A

AncienMembre

Non connecté
Salam PureMinded,
De l’esbroufe, si ils sont rentrés de façon l'égale, ils ne peut pas les expulser.
L'accuser de nazillon c'est faire injure aux victimes du nazisme.

Well, obviously, he can.
Obama has signed an executive order to implement DACA. So if the republicans decide to take it down they can. I just hope they won't ! Just like they kept ObamaCare.

As for the second part of your post, spare me the bullshit please. I call it what it is. A racist pig surrounding himself with notorious white supremacists and not being able to distance himself from assholes hanging around with Nazi flags.

I am nowhere near insulting the victims of Nazis

A

AncienMembre

Non connecté

The thing is that the children we are talking about are now legal. Have been so for many years, let alone that they (for most of them) arrived in the US as children, are now educated young professionals, or even parents themselves. And now maybe kicked off what is now their country because an Orange piece of shit has another ego trip.

How fucked up is that ?

Southpaw

Rebel without a Cause
The thing is that the children we are talking about are now legal. Have been so for many years, let alone that they (for most of them) arrived in the US as children, are now educated young professionals, or even parents themselves. And now maybe kicked off what is now their country because an Orange piece of shit has another ego trip.

How fucked up is that ?
I agree with you 100%
As im concerned, they are as americans as the rest. Some of them don't even speak their native language.
But as long as the republicans control the house and the Senate, he can do as he pleases and no one will raise an eyebrow.
In 2018, there will be new elections for the house and the Senate, and the way things are going with Trump, the democrats will win big time and they might even impeach him.
Things will look different once the democrats control the house and the Senate.
They can overrule any of his decisions exept if it's an executive order by the president of USA.

UNIVERSAL

---lcdcjve---
VIB
Well, obviously, he can.
Obama has signed an executive order to implement DACA. So if the republicans decide to take it down they can. I just hope they won't ! Just like they kept ObamaCare.

As for the second part of your post, spare me the bullshit please. I call it what it is. A racist pig surrounding himself with notorious white supremacists and not being able to distance himself from assholes hanging around with Nazi flags.

I am nowhere near insulting the victims of Nazis
Salam PureMinded,
Je fais allusion à ça:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ex_post_facto_law#United_States

Ama , d'utiliser à la légère un terme comme nazi ne fait que le banaliser.
Je pense que Trump est d'abord raciste envers les pauvres.

farid_h

<defunct>
Contributeur
For all practical purposes of integration and assimilation, they are as Americans as it gets. There is NO reason to deport them, except to make a point (as in deterrence).

Note that other countries are as cruel as the post-DACA US. Germany deported just recently a Germany-born teenage girl to Nepal, because her parents have been denied stay after decades. That country went as far as to send a SWAT team to grab that girl right off her school class, terrifying her and all bystanders. The whole school went out of their way to lobby for her return, but no, she's still in Nepal, like an uprooted plant left to whither and die.

That's the kind of ugliness America is going to witness soon, if Congress won't act decenty.

A

AncienMembre

Non connecté
For all practical purposes of integration and assimilation, they are as Americans as it gets. There is NO reason to deport them, except to make a point (as in deterrence).

Note that other countries are as cruel as the post-DACA US. Germany deported just recently a Germany-born teenage girl to Nepal, because her parents have been denied stay after decades. That country went as far as to send a SWAT team to grab that girl right off her school class, terrifying her and all bystanders. The whole school went out of their way to lobby for her return, but no, she's still in Nepal, like an uprooted plant left to whither and die.

That's the kind of ugliness America is going to witness soon, if Congress won't act decenty.

It's cruel to crush almost all chances for that girl (and her parents) to get a better life. And unfortunately I think all countries (mostely the ones that have high immigration rates) "had" to do this kind of things at some point including the US.

However in this case, as you said, it's really just to "make a point as in deterrence" (I didnt know that word lol). Nothing really surprising from the man-baby.

farid_h

<defunct>
Contributeur
Looks like Congress and POTUS are seeking a resolution to this. Let's hope for the best (but I won't hold my breath just yet).

DiamondBlaze

Family Over Everything
VIB
Once you give citizens or concerned groups additional rights.. You just can't take it back or take it away..

(which is why this dumbass is struggling to get anything passed).

Same goes for Obama Care..