What is the best: learn english of britain or english of america?

Southpaw

Rebel without a Cause
The whole world can understand Michael Jackson, Prince or even the slang of Tupac.
But no one can understand Shakespeare.
The British are still living in the Victorian age.
American English is a slang like Darija in Morocco.
British English is like classic Arabic that no one cares for to speak.
It's like speaking Aramaic to a Jew.

Ebion

Ça a l'air que je suis l'esclave da partida
VIB
Gime me an answer.
thanks a lot .

It depends obviously on what you intend to do, what kind of job you are aiming at, or where you live and where you are going to go. For instance, if you just want to understand series or movies, it's obviously better to learn American English, but if you live in France, and your company does business with Britain, then better go for British English. Even in India or Australia, the language is closer to British English than to American English. In Canada, that's another story. If you would like to travel to countries where English is not the national language, I would recommend learning American English, but it does not matter very much if you choose British English, because educated people are likely to understand you anyway. So my advice, for what it's worth, is : consider your goals, and you will see which is more suitable.

Salam wa rahma

The British is the classic English , the American is just American

The classic English is used in business and jobs , the American may be in USA only

It's good to learn the basic classic English , and have a little informations about the differences between the two languages

sba3doukali

zegg ighzar iqqoren al Doukkala
Salam wa rahma

The British is the classic English , the American is just American

The classic English is used in business and jobs , the American may be in USA only

It's good to learn the basic classic English , and have a little informations about the differences between the two languages
ok thanks for the answer

sba3doukali

zegg ighzar iqqoren al Doukkala
i have a little trouble with american soap-opera from the french tv:

when i switch on the subtiles, i although understand anything of the American english, so i don't see where is the professional benefict from it?!

A

AncienMembre

Non connecté
i have a little trouble with american soap-opera from the french tv:

when i switch on the subtiles, i although understand anything of the American english, so i don't see where is the professional benefict from it?!

Learning professionnal vocab' from an american soap-opera is as effective as Learning Professional french vocab' from Touche Pas A mon Poste with Cyril Hannouna.

Look, I took English courses at the American Language Center, we had various teachers, inlucding from England and Australia… the only difference is the accent and the tendency to use some (very few) words differently. Americans work in companies with other nationalities: Englishmen, Australians, Singapourians, Chinese, Korean, Indians, Lebanese, Moroccans and they all get along well because the language is the same, professional reports are written the same way using the same language. Accents aren't a problem when you're immersed in an international environement.

Slang is another matter, you won't need it in a professional environment and you can pick it up quickly after spending some time with folks from a specific area. Hmm, in fact, you'd better not use it at all with people, especially at work, people might look down on you or they might think you're not taking your job seriously. Avoid using slang unless you're with your friends.

So, just start your courses anywhere, even in a philippino school as long as they teach English.

A

AncienMembre

Non connecté
Gime me an answer.
thanks a lot .

:D

You should ask correctly, English (and even french) isn't like darija, you must use "please" when asking a question or a favour. Otherwise, you'll offend people because they'll think you're being rude to them.

Example: would you give me an answer, please? :p