[maroc - canada anglophone]

What do u think of thornecliffe area? I heard it is the headquarters of pakis, and taxidrivers :), but I'm fine with it if it is not considered a bad place by Torontians.

What do u think of thornecliffe area? I heard it is the headquarters of pakis, and taxidrivers :), but I'm fine with it if it is not considered a bad place by Torontians.
here are some websites you should check before renting, have you been in Toronto before ?

www.torontorentals.com

http://toronto.craigslist.ca/

www.renters.ca/

www.viewit.ca/

www.torontorenters.ca/

www.rentershotline.ca/

www.torontohomerentals.com/

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/

www.myhood.ca/

Good luck

as long as you will stay far from some morrocan immigrants who love black job and are public charge , you will enjoy CANADA !
" WELFARE " it's nothing " JDERYAL " and the rent down here it's more that 750$ for a bachelor apartment, metropass 4 subway it's 121$ and so on, you see what I'm talking about.

One more little thing: LOOK AT THE BRIGHT SIDE assa7bi : BE OPTIMISTIC, forget the others and move forward, the life is so short.

Take care bro

Here is the first question :). I'm planning to get the hell out of here soon, and was planning to move to somewhere in the GTA. What neighborhoods would u recommend that r not too expensive and bed bugs free.

Most of the bachelor apartments are generally unfurnished, which means they won’t come with a bed, matters, kitchen appliances,…but if you’d like to stay only for a short term like a few weeks or months, It will be highly appreciated and recommended to go for the option : furnished bachelor, even it’s a little bit much expansive.

Sometimes the landlords (people who rent out ) may ask you the following things:

- To fill out a rental application form
- To make a deposit ( up to 10% of the rent)
- To give the first and the last month

Therefore, make sure to ask what kind of amenities will have your apartment (heat, TV/Cable, high speed internet, trash removal, parking,…)

You can browse the websites given by LM3TTI, they’re good and above all toronto.craigslist.ca.

The more you share you apartment with a friend , the less you pay ( good way to cut costs), but it’s up to you

Renting prices in GTA are much higher than somewhere else, for example a bachelor or 1 bed room may cost you something like 900$ or 1000$.

Regarding to Wikipedia:

The Greater Toronto Area (GTA) is the largest metropolitan area in Canada, with a 2006 census population of 5.5 million. The Greater Toronto Area is composed of Toronto as the central city, surrounded by the four regional municipalities of Durham, Halton, Peel, and York.[2] The area is at the centre of the Golden Horseshoe urban agglomeration, which contains approximately one-fourth of the population of Canada.

To be continued

thornecliffe park isn't a good area,far to downtown(bus+subway) building smell cause a lot of hindis and pakistanis,I suggest you a building near dundas west subwy station $800 for a bachelor all included ,toronto is one of the most expensive city and rent is expensive too.GOod luck .

Above every single city in Canada, Vancouver breaks the records regarding real estate prices :) I guess the average here for a bachelor is over $950 (unfurnished, heat and hot water only).
And if u wanna be the lucky auction winner to get your apartment, you'll certainly undergo a tough credit check and tons of sh***y processes, though at the end u'll find out that an ASIAN won the auction:)
HELKOUUUUNA

Bonjour,

Il y a eu des post concernant les régions anglopbhones mais elles fondent devant la masse de post sur le Québec.

Voici un ensemble de post non exhaustif, avec des témoignages:

La dernière version de ''La meilleure place ou il fait bon de vivre au Canada'' :
http://www.bladi.info/267686-meilleure-place-vivre-canada-edition-2011-a/

Que choisir montreal ou region gatineau ottawa
http://www.bladi.info/259849-choisir-montreal-region-gatineau-ottawa/

Ottawa-Toronto : Comparatif
http://www.bladi.info/160542-ottawa-toronto-comparatif/

comment s'installer en Ontario
http://www.bladi.info/202858-sinstaller-ontario/

Vancouver et le Canada en général?
http://www.bladi.info/97411-vancouver-canada-general/

idées sur Vancouver ?
http://www.bladi.info/215883-idees-vancouver/

Ontario ou British colombia ?
http://www.bladi.info/173758-ontario-british-colombia/

Ici un tableau comparaitf des loyers entre Ottawa et Gatineau (2008)
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/5679/rentinottawafv5.png

Ottawa : Ma 1ère année à Ottawa
http://www.bladi.info/161561-ottawa-1ere-annee-ottawa/

Kingston:
http://www.bladi.info/160356-kingston-and-1000iles/

WINNIPEG:
http://www.bladi.info/191312-vie-winnipeg/

Alberta:
http://www.bladi.info/140640-communaute-marocaine-alberta/

Above every single city in Canada, Vancouver breaks the records regarding real estate prices :) I guess the average here for a bachelor is over $950 (unfurnished, heat and hot water only).
And if u wanna be the lucky auction winner to get your apartment, you'll certainly undergo a tough credit check and tons of sh***y processes, though at the end u'll find out that an ASIAN won the auction:)
HELKOUUUUNA
I agree that Van city is more expensive. but there are anice area less expensive as Burnaby or Coquitlam.
In Toronto, renting sppart is similar too, the price in DT is too high but the transport accomodations and services are more interesting.
But when you get a job and want to acquire your owne house, you will probably think to move elsewhere since the price is incredebile.

I agree that Van city is more expensive. but there are anice area less expensive as Burnaby or Coquitlam.
In Toronto, renting sppart is similar too, the price in DT is too high but the transport accomodations and services are more interesting.
But when you get a job and want to acquire your owne house, you will probably think to move elsewhere since the price is incredebile.

Burnaby,Coquitlam,Surrey... :) Haha there is no way I can go one day and live there, I'm not a suburbs person. Do you know who live there? Pakistani and Indian sh***y immigrants who didn't manage to educate their children properly; as a result surrey is Canada's crime capital (guns smuggling,drugs...).

And talking about buying a property here, unless you're dreaming you'll never get a home here (I know a friend who just bought a character house (nearly 100 y.o) at south Fraser (if u know the area) at $850000!).
Moreover, mortgage is Haraaam so I prefer to pay over $1000 and rent a clean and quiet place for my own till I get my degree and then flee out of Canada, cuz even if u work u gotta know that nearly half of ur income will go straight to ottawa.

Wa Salam & Eid Mubarak

Burnaby,Coquitlam,Surrey... :) Haha there is no way I can go one day and live there, I'm not a suburbs person. Do you know who live there? Pakistani and Indian sh***y immigrants who didn't manage to educate their children properly; as a result surrey is Canada's crime capital (guns smuggling,drugs...).

And talking about buying a property here, unless you're dreaming you'll never get a home here (I know a friend who just bought a character house (nearly 100 y.o) at south Fraser (if u know the area) at $850000!).
Moreover, mortgage is Haraaam so I prefer to pay over $1000 and rent a clean and quiet place for my own till I get my degree and then flee out of Canada, cuz even if u work u gotta know that nearly half of ur income will go straight to ottawa.

Wa Salam & Eid Mubarak

Who talk about Surrey ?? Not me.
Yes I know who leave there as I know who live in Eastings street east too (DT).
Burnaby is a good area but not recommanded for students. I had a student from hong kong who own his apartment front of English Bay (apart value of 2.4 millions $) he was down to earth, her GF was from Surrey. Launching general opinion against poeple is not helping too.

عيد مبارك سعيد

I know that this’s a weird question and it’s not related to the subject, but I plan to go back home Incha allah for couple days to see my lovers.

A friend of mine told me that it’s better to book in LA RAM, because it’s a direct line and don’t have to make a connection nowhere but I don’t know HOW ? can you show me please how to book ?

Thanks a lot

عيد مبارك سعيد

I know that this’s a weird question and it’s not related to the subject, but I plan to go back home Incha allah for couple days to see my lovers.

A friend of mine told me that it’s better to book in LA RAM, because it’s a direct line and don’t have to make a connection nowhere but I don’t know HOW ? can you show me please how to book ?

Thanks a lot

Hi Buddy,

As far as I know you live somewhere in Ontario, and as long as RAM flies out from Montreal you gotta think about how to move there =$$.
Personally, I never fly with RAM, sh***y company with ridiculous service on board and worn out aircrafts that should normally be operating in subsaharian countries :)
Fly with companies that respect its passengers and in case of problems they'll listen to you for sure.
From Toronto you have Airfrance (with a layover at PARIS), Alitalia ( layover at ROME), AirCanada-BMI (layover at London) or Lufthansa ( stop at Frankfurt, though you'll wait ard. 12 hours to take ur connecting flight which is too long).

Mebrouk Eidek and I hope this helps

Who talk about Surrey ?? Not me.
Yes I know who leave there as I know who live in Eastings street east too (DT).
Burnaby is a good area but not recommanded for students. I had a student from hong kong who own his apartment front of English Bay (apart value of 2.4 millions $) he was down to earth, her GF was from Surrey. Launching general opinion against poeple is not helping too.

Salam,

Listen, for me I can put Burnaby,Surrey,Coquitlam, PoCo and East Hastings (in Vancouver) in one basket, the common point between all those areas is that if u get out of your home after 9pm you'll be probably looking for indesirable problems.
Btw I live one block from english bay, never had any kinda incidents even if I'm used to walking even at late night hours.

عيد مبارك سعيد

Thanks a lot

If you are flying out from Toronto then your best bet is Air france , you just missed a promotion they had last week , a friend of mine with flexible dates got his ticket for a little less than $700 - toronto-casa casa-toronto , but they have a promotion now ending on Aug 31 for about $1000

If you dont want to fly with Air france and prefer la RAM then you gotta buy your ticket through an angency , i think they have a promotion now for about $800 aller retour montreal casa

Good luck

Hi Buddy,
Personally, I never fly with RAM, sh***y company with ridiculous service on board and worn out aircrafts that should normally be operating in subsaharian countries :)
u said that: u never fly with LA RAM, so how u can adjudge them ?
Anyway, u right I' m gonna try Air France because Pearson International Airport is nearby, only 1 hour driving.

Thanks bro

If you are flying out from Toronto then your best bet is Air france , you just missed a promotion they had last week , a friend of mine with flexible dates got his ticket for a little less than $700 - toronto-casa casa-toronto , but they have a promotion now ending on Aug 31 for about $1000

If you dont want to fly with Air france and prefer la RAM then you gotta buy your ticket through an angency , i think they have a promotion now for about $800 aller retour montreal casa

Good luck
I already went to a Traveling agency in Hamilton and they told me " it's about " $ 942 for Round-trip with a connection in Paris, but if you don't mind I'd like to compare their fare with the others.

I'll really appreciate if you send me thru "MP" the name of that agency, please.

Thanks a lot

Hi again,

Book your trip online buddy and save some dollars. U gotta know that travel agencies will get at least $100 if u purchase ur ticket with them. Here is the best website (www.kayak.com), they look for the best prices online and then you get redirected to the booking website.

And for the bladinaute who says that she found a roundtrip ticket from YYZ to Morocco at $700 I'd say that I have strong doubts on that! Even during low season when demand isn't tremendous I don't think tickets can come that down.

Cheers

عيد مبارك سعيد

Thanks a lot
For sure I’m not a travel expert, but I’ve flown many times and have booking my own flights either on line or by phone. Just shake your credit card and that’s it.

You might find a flight that it’s $100 cheaper and you think that you got a good deal, but you forget that it’s gonna involve an extra change of planes and many hours waiting between flights, it may not be worth at all.

Add to that the high risk of losing or misdirecting you luggage which is a common thing in the international flights with connection.

There is a saying that in life : you never get something for nothing (3AND RAKHSSO TKHALI NESSO ).

What I’ m trying to tell is : go for Air France from Pearson Airport, check on line, the price should be $700 to $1010.

I’ll send you the address & phone number of my agency thru MP

Have a nice trip.

Hi again,

Book your trip online buddy and save some dollars. U gotta know that travel agencies will get at least $100 if u purchase ur ticket with them. Here is the best website (www.kayak.com), they look for the best prices online and then you get redirected to the booking website.

And for the bladinaute who says that she found a roundtrip ticket from YYZ to Morocco at $700 I'd say that I have strong doubts on that! Even during low season when demand isn't tremendous I don't think tickets can come that down.

Cheers
For sure I’m not a travel expert, but I’ve flown many times and have booking my own flights either on line or by phone. Just shake your credit card and that’s it.

You might find a flight that it’s $100 cheaper and you think that you got a good deal, but you forget that it’s gonna involve an extra change of planes and many hours waiting between flights, it may not be worth at all.

Add to that the high risk of losing or misdirecting you luggage which is a common thing in the international flights with connection.

There is a saying that in life : you never get something for nothing (3AND RAKHSSO TKHALI NESSO ).

What I’ m trying to tell is : go for Air France from Pearson Airport, check on line, the price should be $700 to $1010.

Have a nice trip.

Hi again,

Cheers
From time to time they come up with best fares and promotions, but once a while, I confirme that.

The only thing that you have to be careful with is the weight restrictions and how much luggage is allowed.

the best one is Air France for you, you take the train " GO " till kipling station on the wesbound and the bus # 192; it's a direct line ( Rocket line) to PEARSON AIRPORT.

good luck

Have a nice trip.

Salam,

The saying you mentioned is valid only in Morocco :)
And about the problems that can occur during connections, I swear that the last time I traveled to Morocco (my trip schedule was Vancouver-London-Paris-Casa) with only 1h15 stops at London and Paris (just enough time to change terminals) and I got my luggage on time once I arrived at CMN (personally i wasn't expecting that to happen).
And if you loose your luggage you won't go to the agency where u booked your trip to complain , if you're reaally lucky they will deal with airline instead of you.

And about AirFrance it's a pretty good airline with nice service on board, though 3 AF aircrafts crashed in the last 10 years :) which freaks me out sometimes when I fly with them while the aircraft is in the midst of a turbulence zone.

Allah yweslek 3la khir, that's the best thing I can write! And as AZERG told you, I live faar away in Vancouver, BC.

World's Most Liveable Cities:
=====================

According to the Economic Intelligence Unit's new Global Liveability Survey, Melbourne becomes the best city in the world to live and therefore dislodger Vancouver for the first time since 2002.

The top 10 liveable cities included Toronto, wich is placed at the 4th position.

Cities can grow and prosper or they can wither and die.

I don't know nothing about the others cities " Ottawa, Montréal ", for sure they might be somewhere.

Here's the Top 10:

City / Country
----------------------------
1-Melbourne / Australia
2-Vienna / Austria
3-Vancouver
4-Toronto
5-Calgary
6-Sydney / Australia
7-Helsinki / Finland
8-Perth / Australia
9-Adelaide / Australia
10-Auckland / New Zealand

salam tt depend de tes competance est ce que vous voulez immigrer comme etudiant ou comme resident permanet .pour la deuxiemme il te faut de l'experience en maroc .

nadia2012

New life in a new place
Bonjour,
en consultant les offres d'emploi j'ai trouvé que le "criminal record check" est fréquemment demandé. SVP s'agit- il du casier judiciaire, de la fiche anthroprometrique ou d'un autre document à obtenir au canada.

merci

Bonjour,
en consultant les offres d'emploi j'ai trouvé que le "criminal record check" est fréquemment demandé. SVP s'agit- il du casier judiciaire, de la fiche anthroprometrique ou d'un autre document à obtenir au canada.

merci
Salam Nadia,

Yea you can somewhat say it's the equivalent of "fiche anthropometrique" in Morocco. Easy to get, just go to the nearest police station (on behalf of RCMP) and you'll grab your document.

Hope this helps!

Bonjour,

merci
Pour les nouveaux immigrants " Newcomers " n'ont pas cette fiche, tout ce qu'on vous demande c'est 2 ID's, genre copie du passport et PR card ( résidence permanente ) et c'tout.

bonne chance

" Montreal is still losing head offices to Toronto at an increasing rate.

A Fraser institute study found the number of head offices in Montreal has shrunk by 16% in 2 decades, bleeding thousands of jobs and executive positions.

Notable among the moves was grocery chain PROVIGO, which was bought out by LOBLAW in 1998, and FIDO pourchased by ROGERS in 2004 "

Source:
http://eedition.toronto.24hrs.ca/epaper/viewer.aspx